Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Si Señor Yo Ti Seguiré

"Sir Loin"
Tortillas for the week: 30

I made my decision not to extend my misión, it was hard to decide to come home but after much prayer and counseling with President Smith it is time to come home. I’m so grateful for the experience I had when making this decision. I have learned we cannot rush when seeking answers, we are counseling with Heavenly Father. We can’t just say hey God I need my answer now and oh by the way this is what I might do. We have to look at everything, truly decide our choice and then counsel with Father in Heaven. With that being said my release date is June 23rd, so I will be home June 25th.
Busted Shower Pipes
Alright so this past week I went to Xela with Elder Perry for por consejo de liders, which once again was amazing. Then on Friday we had zone conference which was also amazing. Elder Perry and I felt we needed to raise the bar. I will talk about that soon.
Utterly Delicious 
We found 2 familias (families) to teach this week and one of them is our neighbors which is dang calidad! To break the ice with both familias we showed gracias a que el vive (Because He Lives http://www.mormon.org/easter). When the video message was finished we shared our testimonies and taught about la restauración (the restoration). With our neighbors we talked a lot about the restauracion and they had some good questions and we were able to answer every question which was great, so we will see what happens there.
El Almuerzo
Alright it’s time to talk about what we did for zone meeting. First off we talked about chapter 3 in PMG (Preach My Gospel) and focused on the restauración. A big thanks to the sister leaders for doing that. When they were finished Elder Perry and I talked about the Holy Ghost and being guided by Holy Ghost. And then we had the zone participate in an activity. Let me explain this activity; I took this idea from a talk given by Elder Gavarret from last October’s General Conference. The talk is called Si Señor Yo Ti Seguiré (Yes, Lord, I Will Follow Thee). This is what Elder Gavarret says about this activity that he did, “During my first month in the mission, the zone leaders held an activity to demonstrate a gospel principle. Each missionary in the zone was blindfolded, and we were told that we were to follow a path leading to the cultural hall. We were to follow the voice of one particular leader, a voice we heard before starting to walk. However, we were warned that during the journey, we would hear several voices that would try to confuse us and get us to stray from the path.”
So the activity was based on his experience but we did things a little bit different because this phrase from Elder Holland has been on my mind for some time; he said, “The entire human race in free fall—every man, woman, and child in it physically tumbling toward permanent death, spiritually plunging toward eternal anguish. Is that what life was meant to be? Is this the grand finale of the human experience? Are we all just hanging in a cold canyon somewhere in an indifferent universe, each of us searching for a toehold, each of us seeking for something to grip—with nothing but the feeling of sand sliding under our fingers, nothing to save us, nothing to hold on to, much less anything to hold on to us? Is our only purpose in life an empty existential exercise—simply to leap as high as we can, hang on for our prescribed three score years and ten, then fail and fall, and keep falling forever?” So with those thoughts we wanted the missionaries to somewhat understand what investigators may be thinking or experiencing. Here is a short summary of what we did; we had lots of noise and distractions so the elders and sisters had to listen carefully to hear a voice. If they followed the wrong voice they sat in a dark room blind folded and they couldn’t talk. I talked with those that followed the wrong voice and asked them, “Is life like this? Dark, no redemption, we can’t repent, we are just always failing and falling” And then I said that may what your investigators feel or think. I told them I hope you guys feel alone so that you can somewhat feel what your investigators maybe feeling. I told them there is one person to save us and then a sister took the sisters by the hand with a nail and an elder took the elders by the hand with a nail so they could visualize Christ and then they were lead to a room that had lights on and had the sacrament set up (just empty trays, a bag of water and a piece of bread). I shared with them about how we need to partake of the sacrament every week to have the spirit with us and to know the spirit’s voice and that we may say si señor yo te seguiré (Yes, Lord, I Will Follow Thee). It was a great zone conference because it was different. I learned so much and I pray that we may all follow the spirit each day and covenant with the Lord to follow Him each day.
This Is Not Good
What I love about Mom is that she acts upon the whisperings of the spirit she receives and what I love about Dad is that he follows the voice of the spirit and that he is a priesthood man.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Mcilmoil
April 13, 2015
Holy Cow, Last One I Promise
Scripture of the week: Mosiah 4:11-12, 19-20, 26

“Rich or poor, we are to ‘do what we can’ when others are in need.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

“Don’t we all cry out for help and hope and answers to prayers? Don’t we all beg for forgiveness for mistakes we have made and troubles we have caused? Don’t we all implore that grace will compensate for our weaknesses, that mercy will triumph over justice at least in our case? Little wonder that King Benjamin says we obtain a remission of our sins by pleading to God, who compassionately responds, but we retain a remission of our sins by compassionately responding to the poor who plead to us.” Elder Holland 

“But if we didn’t do it, the ocean would be one drop less [than it is].” Elder Holland

“You can be a great model, an average one, or a bad model. You may think it doesn’t matter to you, but it does to the Lord.” President Henry B. Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment