Wednesday, April 22, 2015

So Many Ways To Serve If We Just Pray And Listen

Another Amazing Day
Tortillas this week: 30

I can’t believe we only have 3 weeks left until the next change, I hate this; time is going by way to fast. Where to begin, I don’t know, all I can say is this week has been crazy. We have been doing a lot of planning. We have been planning a meeting we are having this week with the stake which includes all the bishoprics, ward counsels and all the full time missionaries serving in the stake. President Smith, Elder Perry and I will be presenting a plan to the stake on how the members can help us (the full time missionaries) to teach more lessons and inviting all to come unto Christ. President Smith will be talking about the mission’s vision. Hopefully by doing this we can all work together as a team. This will take place on Wednesday night.
I "Mustache" You A Question
Last night we had a very good lesson with a less active family and one member of the family is a struggling returned missionary. The lesson we had was amazing. When I experience lessons like this I don’t want to go home. We asked this struggling returned missionary if you could summarize his mission what would he say. He said love and service. We then tied in what he said to the video Because He Lives and showed it to the family. You could feel the spirit so strong and you could see that his heart was touched. He called us this morning and said I need your prayers because I have a job interview. I told him we would pray for him right now. He was like un serio (serious)!!!! And I said of course. He was so grateful. It was just so special to kneel down in prayer with Elder Mendoza, Elder Perry and Elder Figueroa and pray for this less active struggling returned missionary for his job interview. I just love this mission!!! I testify that when we pray for chances to serve it happens. As President Eyring said, “…pray for the way to know their hearts, to know what things are amiss in the lives and the hearts of people whom you don’t know well and who are not anxious to have you know them. You will need to know what God would have you do to help them and to do it all, as nearly as you can, feeling God’s love for them.” This is what I love about the mission; we have so many ways to serve if we just pray and listen. 
This Is What Happens When You Have Not Eaten All Week
We have found a lot of people to teach which of course is a blessing since our teaching pool was getting smaller but now it is growing. I am so thankful for the tender mercy of finding more people to teach. No matter what we just keep moving forward and we keep looking to Christ for guidance in our service. We had another great opportunity this week to teach a lesson another to a less active family. We retaught them the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was great because we only taught with the Book of Mormon. We did quote a few scriptures from the Bible but when we opened the scriptures it was only the Book of Mormon. It was such a powerful lesson. Diego understood what we were teaching but most importantly he understood priesthood authority is to act in God’s name. He is now super excited to learn more. I honestly love teaching less actives because we can see their testimony be rekindled. It just makes my heart melt and shout for joy for the atonement of Christ. HE LIVES AND LOVES US. For He asks us will we not come unto me so that I may heal you. (3 Nephi 9:13)
Oh The Things You See
What I love about Mom are the letters she writes me and what I love about Dad is how good of a young men’s president he was.

con mucho amor, ducks forever
Elder Mcilmoil
April 20, 2015

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 32:9

“God can grant us power in..... whatever circumstance we may be in. It simply requires that we ask in humility.” President Henry B. Eyring


“We do not ever walk alone.” President Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment