Friday, March 20, 2015

You Are My Hands

Peace
Tortillas for the week: 22

This week I got rejected like my Dad did on his mission. This is what happened, we found a very nice man and he asked us to come back tomorrow at 10 am. So of course we did and when we arrive he is waiting for us and when I saw him waiting I thought this is either really good or really bad. He says to us I talked to my pastor last night and he said I couldn't talk to you two. He then said I am so sorry but I can’t; my pastor said you guys will come twice a week and try to convince me to change my religion. My heart was broken and I was also mad. It was just horrible because this very nice man wanted to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ before he talked with his pastor. I just didn't understand how the pastor could say that, well I do but it just hurts. It is so frustrating because everyone says we worship the same God. If they truly believe we worship the same God, then why can’t they listen to servants of the Lord Jesus Christ and make the decision on their own which church is true.
Celebrating Being A Missionary
This week we had consejo de líderes with President Smith. We talked about helping people like Christ did. We talked about Mark chapter 9 and President Smith asked how many of your investigators have said I believe and all of us raised our hands, and then he asked how many of your investigators have said help me in my unbelief; not many of us raised our hands. Then President Smith said lets read what Christ did. After reading President Smith took one of the Elder’s hand to the lift him up, and then he asked us are we lifting up our investigators like Christ with an outstretched hand. His hand is always outstretched, reaching for us and our hands can become His hands as we reach out to our investigators.
Friendship 
Two days later we had a zone meeting and it went dang good! Elder Perry talked about how we need to teach like Christ. He asked are we TEACHING like CHRIST? It was very interesting because as he was teaching us to teach like Christ and how the restoration applies. You could feel the spirit just testify to us that these are the last days and we are promised great blessings and we will raise up God’s kingdom, and the church de jesucristo de los santos de los últimos días, is the most sure thing in the world. When it was my turn to teach I showed the stats we had as a zone and everyone just bowed their head and I asked how would you feel going home with these stats??? I then asked have we helped the poor in spirit???? Have we reached our hand out like Christ??? As I was asking these questions I could see that each companionship had some challenges they were facing. As I talked about what President Smith taught us about Lord I believe but help thou mine unbelief (Mark 9:24) and His hand reaching out for you, you could see a change in the missionaries. On Sunday when the stats were reported it was a wow moment, the zone listened to us finally and the stats were amazing.
Gratitude
So for me this week it has been about the atonement. I have made to many small mistakes and I have been on my knees seeking a lot of repentance and yes it hurts but it has showed me that I made these mistakes because I took my eyes off the Savior. As I have started to study the atonement again I felt forgiveness through the spirit, I felt happiness, I just felt renewed and it was amazing! The atonement is the greatest thing ever, it makes everything possible. I am so grateful for the atonement as we are given the reassurance everything will be ok, it truly will be ok as reach out for His hand.

What I love about Mom is the letters she writes me and what I love about Dad is that he made me run when I took second in a wrestling match.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
March 16, 2015

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 25:26, 28-29

“We know for certain that if and when everything else in the latter days is down or dying; if governments, economies, industries, and institutions crumble; if societies and cultures become a quagmire of chaos and insecurity, nevertheless, through it all the gospel of Jesus Christ and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that bears that gospel to the world will stand triumphant. It will stand undefiled in God’s hand until the very Son of God Himself comes to rule and reign as Lord of lords and King of kings. Nothing is more certain in this world. Nothing is more sure. Nothing could be more of an antidote to anxiety.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


“Making, keeping, and rejoicing in our covenants will be the evidence that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is truly written in our hearts.” Linda K. Burton, Relief Society General President 

No comments:

Post a Comment