Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Listening To The Spirit And Simple Invitations Can Change Things

Chef Mac Prepping For The P-Day Zone Feast
Tortillas for the week: 25

This week was just one big blur. I can’t even remember one day from the other, so I ask for your patience in this email. The big highlight of the week was the multi zona que tuvimos el pasado semana (multi zone conference we had last week). The conference started at 9:30 and ended at 4. It was a great meeting! During the meeting we watched about 40 minutes of the movie “Meet the Mormons”, all I can say is I just love that movie! It is so good! I just love the way the movie ends with the missionary, and how it says this is us, we want everyone to talk to these young men in ties and white shirts and yes I admit I did cry during that part especially when he left. 
Ready To BBQ
Ok enough with that, let’s get to the messages for the multi zona. President Smith once again blew everyone out of the water when he talked about the Prophet Joseph Smith. He made me rethink about the divine calling of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He said I have studied over and over again the teachings of this Prophet and I learn more everytime about what he did for us when I read his teachings. President Smith said every person needs to hear this message, he said as we talk about Christ, it is impossible not to talk about Joseph Smith because he restored what Christ gave to us through the Atonement and His death. With that here is a news flash folks the church is releasing a new video called “Because He Lives”, and wow is it good! At first I didn’t really like it because it wasn’t bam like last year’s Easter initiative “Because of Him”; but now as I have watched it over and over again, the message has a lot more power but subtle at the same time. It is an amazing video. You see what He has done for us and that He is always with us. I challenge each and every one of you to hastag #BecauseHeLives #GraciasaqueElvive. Just to let you the video doesn’t come out until March 28th (we already have it….jajaja.) I love the church’s focus with this video and how much we are focusing on that He lives. Not only did He die, but He rose from the dead and He lives. He lives, I testify that He lives, I am sure of it.
This May Take A While
Sunday I gave a talk on the Atonement of Christ. It is just special to see what happens to my heart when I start studying the Atonement of Christ; my heart just softens and I become more in tune to the spirit. It is amazing how the spirit works through you as your heart is softened and you become humble. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Christ. I testify all that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Atonement is the greatest evidence we have of the Father’s love for His children. He so dearly loves us. The Atonement, is the greatest act of love in human history, it changed the world, the possibility and destiny for all of us. As I think about the Atonement I think about a song called “He Is” by Hilary Weeks. She sings, “He is a garden and a prayer. He is two strangers on a hill. He is an empty tomb and the price that heaven paid. He’s our chance to try again. He is open arms. He is a quiet invitation. He is hope when hope is gone. He is lasting peace and the answer we are seeking. He is the pathway home” That is the Atonement. As we study the Atonement day by day, we will feel an increased desire to be more obedient and live the teachings of Jesus Christ. 
Hot Dog Photo Bomb
To end this email I want to end with an experience I had; during the multi zona we talked about the baptismal challenge and how it plants seeds, and how when we challenge it helps the investigators change and progress. That night I had a lesson, the first lesson we were going to teach to this investigator and it wasn’t the very best lesson. I actually thought it was horrible but at the end I felt like I needed to challenge this young woman to be baptized. I was thinking to myself why, the lesson was horrible, and there is no way she is going to say yes and she probably won’t even understand. I followed the promptings of the spirit and I challenged this young women to be baptized and she said yes! I about fell over. As I challenged her I felt the spirit and I felt peace. When we were teaching her I didn’t feel the spirit. As I asked her she to be baptized I felt the spirit and when she said yes you could see a change about her. You could even see more changes when we saw her on Saturday and Sunday. The cool thing is she is helping to reactivate her aunt! I pray I won’t be changed next week so I can see her progress and help her family out. I testify that a simple invitation can change things. When Elder Perry and I went to teach another family who is less active, we shared our testimonies and invited the family to church and they came yesterday! Then all four of us went to visit another less active and as we showed up, the less active got the message and we didn’t even share a message (we didn’t talk) but the spirit shared the message. It was sweet!
Wall Of Love
What I love about Mom is the pics she sent in my package and what I love about Dad is when we would play football in the backyard at night when I was younger. Football $15, jersey $20, shoes $25, beating your Dad priceless….jajaja

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
March 23, 2015

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 26:24-28, 33

“Jesus held on. He pressed on. The goodness in Him allowed faith to triumph even in a state of complete anguish. The trust He lived by told Him in spite of His feelings that divine compassion is never absent, that God is always faithful, that He never flees nor fails us. With faith in the God He knew was there, He could say in triumph, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

“For His Atonement to be infinite and eternal, He had to feel what it was like to die not only physically but spiritually, to sense what it was like to have the divine Spirit withdraw, leaving one feeling totally, abjectly, hopelessly alone.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment