Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What Does The Restoration Mean To You?

Always Have The Temple In Your Sights
Tortillas for the week: 30

This week has been great for us but not so good for the zone. There is no need to talk about that. On Thursday we went to the temple, it was so good. As soon as we entered the gate to park the car, I could just feel the spirit, and as I got out of the car, the spirit was stronger. It was an amazing experience. I just loved walking around the temple grounds. I've never really taken time to walk around temple grounds like I did on Thursday. It was so nice, I could just feel the spirit and I could feel that this is truly the casa del señor y and that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration. I'm even more grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith, because of him and his prayer, we have the temple; our home away from heaven. Walking into the temple was so soothing to my soul and I could fell the burdens eased from my shoulders. In the temple there are times when I can truly feel the presencia del señor and it makes my heart beat with joy. I'm willing to give up everything to be in His presencia para siempre (presence forever).
The Temple: Our Home Away From Heaven
With that being said, let's talk now about testimony. This has been a huge topic for Elder Perry and I, as we talk about the zone, members, all of us. We asked what would happen if every member truly understood what Joseph Smith did for us, what would happen with la obra misional (missionary work)?  What would we do as missionaries if we truly understood what Brother Joseph did for us? We came down to the conclusion that none of us truly understands except for a select few and that our goal for the new missionaries is to help them to have the best and greatest understanding of the importance of a testimonio del Profeta Joseph Smith. We need to ask do we understand the importance of the Restoration, do we understand what the Prophet Joseph Smith truly did for us??? I ask each of you to take time to ponder and meditate on that; ask yourself what does the Restoration mean in my life.
This Is How We Roll, Only In My Dreams
Last district meeting I gave a workshop on how can we address the need of a family to understand the Restoration? I asked the missionaries how can you do that? First of all in order for everyone to build a foundation of understanding they have to go through lesson 1, which is the Restoration of the Gospel/Church of Jesus Christ. I don't get why so many missionaries are so scared to share this message, they would just rather share the Plan of Salvation or talk about Jesus Christ. By doing that it gives people or families the opportunity to say well that's a feel good message but I don't want to join your church, I don't see it is any different from our church. We are different and we need to be reverently bold and teach them about the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Restoration as the first lesson. The Lord has declared this is “the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth” (D&C 1:30). We know this to be true through the Restoration as Joseph Smith prayed to know what church had the fullness of truth. If we truly are His discípulos (disciples) we need to teach like Him, with boldness and a reverent heart. Who cares what the world thinks of us, just go out and bear witness of the truth, we have the truth, so be a man or a women of God and share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Corte de Pelo
I want to share an experience Elder Chavez and I had this week. We found a single mom and her kids and we talked with them. We talked with her about the Restoration and then we shared with her the Book of Mormon and testified of the power of the Book of Mormon. We shared with them the story of the 2000 Stripling Warriors and how they had been taught by their mothers if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. You could see the spirit touch the mom.  We are going back this week to teach her more about truth and that after the death of the Savior the truth was corrupted and an apostasy occurred and more about that the truth has been restored. The funny thing is I have now have a testimony of la apostasía, which I never thought was important but as I have this testimony it has strengthened my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and it makes me more excited to share this message, the singular message we have. 
Taking The Hot Pepper Challenge
So this week we have taught the Restoration like 13 times, and it has made a huge difference when find los escogidos (the elect). It makes everyone doubt their church and it makes them feel broken and then they feel the spirit testify to them of the truth of our message. They feel Christ's love through as we testify to them about the Restoration. I know that the true church of christ se cayo en apostasía, y no estaba por mucho tiempo pero por medio la garcia de cristo, el escogió un hombre justo, el uncio hombre que podría hacer esta obra, el escogió Jose smith para restaurar su iglesia, y por conducto el profeta Jose Smith, jesucristo Restauro Su igelsia y somos los frustos del profeta Jose Smith.
This Is Tom, Our Newest Comp And Guardian 
What I love about Mom is that she helped a very special friend of mine out and what I love about Dad is that he has a new phone, he is finally upgrading! Love you Dad!

Con Mucho Amor, Ducks Forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
March 9, 2015
Dreaming Of Sister Aspinall's Sapa Sui
Scripture of the week: Doctrine and Covenants 135: 3

"I feel like shouting Hallelujah, all the time, when I think that I ever knew Joseph Smith, the Prophet whom the Lord raised up. I am bold to say that, Jesus Christ excepted, no better man ever lived or does live upon this earth. I am his witness." Brigham Young 

Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven 

"Blessed to open the last dispensation, Kings shall extol him, and nations revere. Great is his glory and endless his priesthood." Praise To The Man, Hymn # 27 https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/praise-to-the-man?lang=eng
Is This Bus Ever Going To Come?

No comments:

Post a Comment