Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Serve Christ As He Served

Master Chef
Fries, Just Like Home
This week I made hamburgers and homemade fries for the family we live with. Let me just say I'm one sweet chef. Anyway they are a católico familia (catholic family). Every time we have lunch with them we always have some kind of lesson. Every night I plead that the Lord will pour out his spirit upon them. They are so awesome and I have so much love for them. I just love that 2 Mormon Missionaries can sit down with a católico familia and have lunch. The mom is so kind to me, she is the one who gave me the early Christmas gift: A&W Root-beer!!!
Last Tuesday was a multi-zone conference. Seriously it was legit. I understood about 80 percent. It was amazing! I even participated by reading and I also gave some advice. We got a little picture booklet that is amazing. We call it the doctrine of Christ. I can't say it enough, it was a very good conference. I loved it. The next day I got way sick. I slept for half the day. I had zero energy. I was able to do some work in the morning but after lunch I couldn't go back out. I had a huge headache, fever, stomach issuses and I was aching so bad. But that night I was able to leave and do some work. I taught my English class, it was a packed house with ONE person in attendance. Way better than last week's attendance-0! It was sweet to have someone come. I think this week we will have more. Anyway when I woke up the next morning I was fine and felt normal. I also watched the Christmas devotional on Sunday in Spanish. I understood a lot of what was being said. I thought the messages were great and I loved the music. A great way to end the day.
Parade In Quiche
The Fair In Chici: Craziness!
One Of The Many Decorations At Fair
This week the fair of Chichi has started. Let me tell you it so crazy!! You want some straight up illegal fireworks come to Chichi. I have never seen such amazing fireworks. All I can say is if you had them in the states you would have the cops on you instantly. I want to send some home so you and Dad could have some fun. You could go to some dump place and light them off, it would be so awesome!

Loving Some Sugar Cane
So this week we have had our ups and downs. The Lord is definitely testing us. My patience is truly being tested. Which is funny because one of my gifts to the Savior this week was patience. I have also been studying patience. In my study it suggested to read the story of Ammon and boy did Ammon and his brethren have a truck load of patience. The Lord promised them if they had patience and kept their patience he would bless them with many souls. I broke down my mission scripture, Alma 17:11, and there are four things that are said, I won't tell you what the four things are because I want to know if you can find those four things. I will say the fourth is the reward. It is up to you to find the last three. In my study I have learned the Lord does promise his servants that if they have patience they will reap the rewards of patience and reap the harvest. Also I'm starting to break down the vision of Nephi, chapters 11 thru 14. His vision has some very key points to prove that the Book Of Mormon is true. As I'm constantly thinking about my investigators and their needs I always end up going to the Book Of Mormon for help. I just love that the Book Of Mormon provides answers to questions and brings peace. I will say it again those investigators that read the Book Of Mormon progress so much faster and understand Christ's doctrine so much more. I'm also studying from the book Jesus The Christ and reading more about Peter. Peter's true turning point in his life is when he denies Christ. That is when Peter changes and realizes his love for Christ. The tears he shed were tears of true repentance and tears of a broken heart and contrite spirit. Mom when I opened day one from my days of Christmas and I saw the picture of Christ washing the feet I started to cry. That picture brings tears to my eyes. That picture makes me feel the spirit so much stronger and it is a reminder that we must always serve. My challenge to you is to serve as Christ served. President Monson has warned us as members not to let the opportunity pass by to make room for Christ in their lives through serving others as he did. “The innkeeper missed the greatest opportunity that an innkeeper could ever have had. Years later it would not do him any good to say, 'If only I had known who they were.' In our busy lives it is essential that we make a conscious, committed effort to bring Christ into our lives and into our homes. We need to follow his example. As we follow in His steps today, as we emulate His example, we will have opportunities to bless the lives of others. We can extend the helping hand, the loving heart, and the willing spirit—in other words, to follow the example set by our Savior and to serve as He would have us serve. As we do serve Him, we will not forfeit our opportunity, as did the innkeeper of old, to make time for Him in our lives and room for Him in our hearts. … May we follow Him, serve Him, honor Him, and receive in our lives His gifts to us.”
What I love about Mom is that she still carried on the days of Christmas for me and what I love about Dad is that he send me the Vic quotes.

Ducks Forever!
LOVE,
Elder Mcilmoil
December 9, 2013   

Total tortillas for the week: 40

Scripture of the week: Matthew 25: 40 
I Still Have Mad Hops!
Let's Roll Elders
Tunneling At The Park

 Missionary Love

No comments:

Post a Comment