Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Go To The Temple And Put On The Lord's Jersey

Chichi Town Fair
I don't know where to start. Chichi is having their town fair and it is crazy. It is a huge celebration that takes place from December 13-21st. Seriously dancing, parades and fireworks every single day and night. It is so hard to teach since there is an activity every single night and most of the time all day. There is so much drinking, it is just terrible. I will be grateful when it is over. So the rama (Branch) is having their Christmas party this Friday. I going to make papas, which is potatoes with eggs, cheese, onion and bacon. It is going to be so good. I can't wait, it is going to be a great activity. Hopefully our investigators will come.
Had To Get A Pic Of The Minion
We have a new district leader, yep my companion Elder Navarro; and a new zone leader. The zone is completely different. Some of the changes are good others are so bad. 
Last Movie Preview I Saw Was Of This Guy Before Leaving On My Mission
I'm helping one of our investigators build a huge Nativity. (I don't have pictures of it but next week I will for sure.) It is going to pretty neat. What else has happened this past week, we took some investigators to the temple in Xela. It was amazing. The temple is truly the Lord's house. Just standing on the grounds you can feel His presence. Going to the temple every week is the one thing I truly miss the most. It is something my soul hungers for. My challenge for everybody back home is to go the temple! If you live close make the sacrifice and go every week! In the words of President Monson, "There are never too many miles to travel, too many obstacles to overcome, or too much discomfort to endure to attend the temple. Set aside the time in your busy lives to visit the temple regularly. May we make whatever sacrifices are necessary to attend the temple and to have the spirit of the temple in our hearts and in our homes." President Monson also said, "The temple provides purpose for our lives. It brings peace to our souls. As we go to the house of the Lord we will be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation." I know from personal experience President Monson's are true. I also know from my personal experience of attending the temple every week we receive our best instructions in the temple. The temple is a small part of the kingdom of heaven here on earth. And as go we feel for a small moment at home, our eternal home. The temple brings love and renewed strength, so make the time to go to the temple. It will change your life.
More Craziness
We are having some struggles with our investigators. I will say it again, the Lord is truly testing us. That is ok because in time we or other missionaries will reap the rewards in Chichi. I'm learning how sometimes the Lord works and how we should labor with all our might first then we will reap the rewards. In the Book of Mormon the most special and who were the chosen few of the Lord always had the hardest missions but were blessed beyond belief. I have never experienced such heartache then being on my mission and serving here in Chichi. My heart hurts and that is what it must feel like for Heavenly Father when we sin. It is true, Satan can work and work but the Lord will always prevail, always. Elder Holland shared this, "The FUTURE of this world has long been DECLARED; the final outcome between GOOD and evil is already KNOWN. There is absolutely no question as to who WINS because the VICTORY has already been posted on the SCOREBOARD. The only really strange thing is all of this is that we are still down here on the FIELD trying to decide which TEAM’S JERSEY we want to wear!" So put on the Lord's jersey and fear not for the Lord will prevail. 
Just Something Different That Is Not A Fair Picture!
Yesterday we were teaching this guy, his name is Gasper. He said he believes the Book of Mormon is true. We then asked, "Do you believe or know that Joseph Smith is a prophet?" He said YES! Those words were the most amazing words of my life. I'm witnessing right know the prophecy about the Lamanites, it is amazing. But again I also get to see the works of Satan and how great his power is over people and how he controls them. It truly is heart breaking. I don't want anyone to suffer endless torment. I know with faith anything is possible, Ammon is a great example of that kind of faith. So keep the faith everybody.
Creepy Pink Cat
What I love about Mom is she put only my decorations on the tree this year. What I love about Dad is the quotes he shared with me. 
 
Much love and DUCKS FOREVER!
Elder Mcilmoil
December 16, 2013
 
Tortilla count for the week: 45
Mask From The Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment