Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Companion And Don't You Quit



My New Companion, Elder Navarro


Saying Goodbye To Elder Bonilla
My new companion is Elder Navarro, he is legit! He has been out 9 months. He is always so happy and very humble. I just have to tell you I am so tired. I have never worked so hard. He wants to work so hard and we work and work even harder. It is so awesome, I love it. I have never been so physically worn out but my spirit is never tired. It is the greatest feeling ever. It’s amazing to give all you have to the Lord for a cause that is amazing and so very worth it. I just love serving the Lord, it is awesome! This is funny; when Elder Narvarro and I eat dinner we have movie night. We watch videos that we watch with our investigators and Mormon Messages, its sweet. Anyway this week I was asked to baptize the Hermanas’ investigator. It was such a humbling experience. She attends the Principals del Evangelio (Gospel Principals) class I teach, so she requested that I baptize her. When I found out she wanted me to baptize her I was beyond humbled. At that very moment I wanted to fall upon my knees and just thank my dear Savior but I couldn’t, so I thanked him in my heart and that was very special prayer. I memorized the baptismal prayer in less than 2 hours. That next morning I baptized her. As we walked in the water I was very calm and peaceful. As I put her under the water, BAM, my heart went nuts and I was just like whoa. It was a great moment. I can’t wait to have the opportunity to baptize my first investigator. The baptism was even more of a sweet moment because Elizabeth attended. The spirit was very strong.

The theme of this week is all about Elder Holland’s words, “Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come.”

Once again I finished the Book of Mormon, and again it is true. As I read Moroni’s promise again, I got down on my knees to ask my Heavenly Father if this book was really true and again I experienced a strong feeling and I know for a fact the Book of Mormon is true. I wrote a very small testimony at the very end of the Book Of Mormon. I want to testify it is the word of God every sentence, every verse, every page. I want to share this knowledge with everybody!
The Book Of Mormon Is True
We had 4 investigators attend church yesterday. It was amazing. I felt the spirit so strong yesterday, all day long. Our lessons where filled with the spirit. During a lesson with our investigator, Sergio, I asked him if he would be baptized December 21. He said no, he wants to ask God before saying yes. My soul just screamed with joy. That lesson was a very powerful lesson because it wasn’t me who challenged him to baptism, the Lord did, and I was the voice. This is the experience why it wasn’t me, as we were walking to his house the spirit whispered to me to challenge him to baptism, I looked at the calendar and the 21st  stuck out to me. Right then I knew I would be the voice and an instrument in the Lord’s hands. 
No Longer A "Greenie"
I have a gringa friend in chichi. She is brand new missionary; she is from Morgan, UT. She is very nice and has a sweet spirit. She asked me how the mission was for me and I said very few people can say what I can say. She asked what I meant, I responded I have sat with Joseph in Carthage, I was in Gethsemane with Christ, and I have lived the lives of Peter and Ammon. I have been chastened and rebuked like Peter, I have felt the joys of Ammon and I am a diamond that is being smoothed. She was like what has happened to you and I said with a smile, the Lord has taught me, that’s what happened and those trails I have faced, I treasure, I am so grateful and thankful for those trails. So to all those that are suffering who read my emails through this blog “Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end.” Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come. Trust in God and it will be fantastic. 
Chichi Soccer Field
What I love about Mom is that she let me give her a blessing before I left on my mission and what I love about Dad is that he helped with that blessing. I LOVE YOU BOTH, that’s a fact Jack! Ducks Forever!!!
 "Duck Man"
With Love,

Elder Mcilmoil
November 18, 2013
 
Total tortillas for the week: 35
 
Scriptures of the week: Moroni 10:31-32, Alma 18:32-35
Spaghetti And Totillas
Yep, Loving Some Cream Soda

No comments:

Post a Comment