Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Changes, Investigators, And Being A State Champ

Tuesday: Pizza Day
I'm so excited, in JANUARY ELDER COOK is coming to the MISSION. I think I might get to see Bret. Make sure and talk to him about it. I'm so EXCITED! Changes are on Tuesday and Elder Bonilla is leaving. So I get a new comp tomorrow. I trust the Lord is sending me someone who is meant for me. I can't believe I have been gone 4 months, crazy. Last Tuesday after district meeting the district ordered 8 or 10 pizzas because Tuesday is 2 for 1. It was sweet. Also last Tuesday was divisions and I got to stay in Chichi. The division was with Elder V. It was a blast. I learned a good lesson not to get a bigger plate than you can handle because things will come up and you won't be able to finish that plate. Yep, it was a hard lesson to learn but a good one. He also taught me every investigator progresses. EVERYONE, some very slowly and others very rapidly. We just need to have patience. I'm gaining more and more confidence everyday to street contact. I street contacted 4 people on my own. That was a huge accomplishment for me. I felt so happy. I also sent my first text message in Spanish last week, it took five minutes. Elder Bonilla was laughing so hard.
P-day Burgers: Man Vs. Food
I have learned a lot this week. My zone leader gave me a copy of a talk called the Fourth Missionary. I have been reading it and have learned so much. I'm learning at times I do the Father's will grudgingly and at times I would rather do my own will. I learned that was horrible of me to do, for when I do those things I don't benefit from them. I went and knelt down and gave the Lord my heart and mind. After I prayed I felt a relief. Later that night I felt a happiness I haven't felt before. Doing the Lord's will truly brings you happiness. It's a happiness that we have only felt every now and then in our life. I also learned last night that I need to serve these people like Ammon. He desired to serve the Lord and by his simple acts of kindness he inspired thousands who were previously considered the most unlikely potential converts to join the Church. I need to be a faithful servant like he was.

I bought some flea stuff for cheap just to see if it works, not sure if it does but that's fine. I know this is going to sound strange but I'm grateful that I have fleas. They have taught me a lot actually, it is kind of funny.
Tie From Our Investigator
One of our investigators feeds us dinner every time we teach them. I have a love for these two people that I have never had for anyone. I just love them so much. They are very devoted Catholics but you can see the spirit has touched the wife in the lessons and you can see the husband's heart slowly soften. Their names are Jesus and Dina. Jesus even gave me and Elder Bonilla a tie. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They have so much respect for us and are so very kind. Our investigator Elizabeth is having doubts and won't accept a date, we challenged her to pray about the problem. She knows the church is true, but says she isn't sure. So frustrating because the spirit is so strong when we are teaching her. It just hurts knowing the gospel will change her life forever and she can't see it. Anyway I'm teaching this one guy English. His name is Richard. He has very good English but it's funny because he can't read English very well. We were also teaching him a lesson and I said a few things in English and WOW. I learned that English is this dispensation's language. The spirit was so powerful when I said those things, I felt some power dwell up in me. It truly was amazing. I have also learned if people can read and don't read the Book Of Mormon they cannot know the truthfulness of this church. It is so frustrating when they don't read. ARGH. This one lady has a great knowledge, she will read every pamphlet we throw at her but not the Book Of Mormon.
Right now I am more proud to be a missionary than a state champ. A state champ has zero meaning compared to saying I am a MISSIONARY for THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS. I am also somewhat ashamed of who I was before the mission because I have seen how selfish I was. I can definitely say as of right now I have lived two lives. The life of Peter and Ammon. It is very humbling to say that.

What I love abut Mom and Dad is their testimonies.

Adios mucho amor, Ducks Forever!
Elder Mcilmoil
November 11, 2013 

Total tortillas for the week: 38

I have a chapter and a scripture this week: Moroni 7, study it and youll learn so much. The scripture is Matthew 16:25

No comments:

Post a Comment