Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Book Of Mormon Is True And Sacrifice Brings Of Heaven

Dutch Waffle Love In Guatemala
The 18th was a very special day. I did not feel sad or anything. And I didn't miss home. That day the Lord truly lifted me up. I was so lifted up. It was amazing. I am so grateful for the Lord and the tender mercies I receive. Each week I'm feeling better, the only problem is I'm always hungry-Always!!! Food update for the week: I had some candy fruit. It's some kind of dried fruit in sugar. Its wow, so good. Loved it. I finally opened the dutch waffles and I loved them. Dutch Waffle Love. Ahhhhh so good with pancakes!! I also had some wierd vegetable thing this past week. I cant really explain it. And I had an amazing carrot cake yesterday. And finally I ate at this restraunt and in the soup I found a shrimp head. Not so sure about that. I have to say I am a great chef! I can make the best eggs, beans, pancakes, and pasta. I can also make a mean sandwich. Not much time for lunch so a sandwich it is. If I had a longer lunch I could make some mean food but I can't and that is fine. I also can pour a mean bowl of cereal. HAHA!!! I use powder milk now. It is cheaper than buying milk every week. It is a 3 liter bag and it is Nestle powder milk, it's actually pretty good. The elder I replaced left some cologne so I use it every now and then. When I do use it I have to say it feels good to smell nice and feel refreshed. And dang it smells good. Anyway yesterday the family we always eat lunch with on Sundays had this neon green vest. I loved it and she told me I could have it. Your going to crack up. Also we went to a members house and they had a bunny. The bunny lives with a guinea pig. I thought I would never see a pet rabbit in Guatemala. Definitely not as cute as Nibbles. 
Soup and Shrimp Head-YUM!
This week has been about faith and the Book of Mormon. When we don't use the Book of Mormon in our lessons the lessons definitely are not as good. When we use the Book of Mormon the lessons are great. One of the lessons we taught this week we read the Book of Mormon with our investigator, Sergio. The spirit was amazing. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. We didn't truly teach a lesson we just sat down and read and talked about each verse. The Book of Mormon is the most amazing book on earth. It truly is a book from God. No man could have written such a book, only if he were commanded of God to write such a book. There is no way the natural man could write the Book of Mormon. It is impossible. The words in the Book of Mormon are words from God. They are not words from man. The Book of Mormon is true. It is the only way to find out that the church is true. The Book of Mormon is the key stone to our religion. When I am feeling down, sad, happy or whatever I feel like at that moment I pick up a copy of the Book of Mormon and read it. I feel twice as good and my spirits are lifted. Every time I read I find a verse for me. Always. I want everyone to know that to know that I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true. It is the Word of God.
 
Yesterday Elizabeth came to church. She couldn't make Sacrament Meeting but she was able to come to Sunday School and some of Relief Society. She has a date set for baptism on Sunday and she needs to attend one more time which is this Sunday. I could be having my first baptism on Sunday. All I can say is it is in God's hands. No matter whats happens its OK because it's the Father's plan and we must always be willing submit to the Father's will.
My Sweet New Neon Vest
I know that Christ lives. I can say with power, I know he lives. I know that our Father in Heaven lives and he loves us. I know that Joesph Smith is a Prophet of God. I know that he is in the mansions the Father has prepared for him. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God every sentence, every verse and every page. I know the Church is true. I know we are all Children of God. I know SACRIFICE BRINGS THE BLESSINGS OF HEAVEN. "Our lives of service and sacrifice are the most appropriate expressions of our commitment to serve the Master and our fellowmen." Elder Dallin H. Oaks. No sacrifice is to great to serve the Lord and be a tool in his hands. Seeing Christ work thru me and seeing the atonement work miracles and submitting to the Father's will is beyond amazing. I want to devote my life to serving the Lord and always be on His errand. 
Just One More For You Mom!
What I love about Mom is that she posted pics and what I love about Dad is that he printed the pics for me.

Ducks forever
Love,
Elder Mcilmoil
October 21, 2013

Tortilla count for the week: 39

Scripture of the week: Ether 12:3-Strengthen Your Faith. 

Always remember you are loved, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBSwA8pMgrA
 


No comments:

Post a Comment