Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Families Forever

 
Fresh Grilled Corn Guatemalan Style
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE IT'S A GREAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to let you know I have finished the medication and I'm feeling a lot better! This week I went on divisions, it so was amazing. We worked very hard and I was able to share a lot and I also gave 2 messages. It was amazing. I loved it. When I was on divisions we at Domino's or Dominator. So good. The people here love pizza with ketchup. I tried it and its not bad especially if the piece your eating doesn't have much pizza sauce. On Sunday I had a very interesting salad.  It was solid vegetables. It had onions, broccoli and some other veggies with some kind of sauce. Don't worry I ate every single piece. I have to tell you I don't like plantains. I just can't eat them and I can barley eat papaya. Both are just so gross. Anyway I had some kind of fruit this week. It tasted like candy; like candy fruit. It was so good. Wow--Loved it! So the people here have to have some kind of hot drink with every meal. It is weird. I don't think they like cold drinks. I just don't get it. This is also crazy and great, you buy coconuts already opened. I don't have to use my mad coconut skills to open one, already done; ready to drink and eat. It is sweet.
Just Me and My Coconut 
I gave the message in district meeting this week. The message was way different than I have ever given. I took my name tag off and shared my first name and then I talked about Peter. "
Peter was one of the greatest of men. It is true that the New Testament recounts some mortal weaknesses, but it also illustrates that he overcame them and was made strong by his faith in Jesus Christ." Bible Dictionary. Peter was, in President Kimball’s words, “a diamond in the rough—a diamond that would need to be cut, trimmed, and polished by correction, chastisement, and trials—but nevertheless a diamond of real quality." We are all like Peter. The spirit was so strong as I spoke. It is just so amazing what happens you become a tool in the Lord's hands as you teach. We have 2 dates set for baptism, October 26th. One is our investigator Elizabeth, she is just wow! She knows the church is true and the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Her mom passed away 2 years ago. You can tell the gospel has brought her some comfort. I have never had such a special love for someone I barley know. It's amazing. Mom will you write her a letter and share with her how the gospel comforted you when Gramma passed away. The other person is Cristina. She said yes when we asked her to be baptized but we are going have to do a lot of praying for her. She is very shy and quite. Just a very difficult situation because she doesn't say anything. If it's the Lord's will that she is to baptized on October 26th then it will happen. 
Chichi Taxi Service: Tuc Tuc
I am getting used to the culture and everything. Since I'm feeling better everyday, I'm reciving a better attitude each day. The days are getting easier, well as easy as you can say on your mission. I'm finally getting used to the fact that I won't see my parents for 2 years. Sacrifices are to made to be a disciple of Christ. I just want you to know this gospel is so amazing. The gospel shows how much Heavenly Father loves each one of us. He has given us this gospel and his beloved Son, Jesus Christ so we can live with OUR FAMILIES FOREVER in happiness. That is all I want. I just want to be with my own family. I do not want anyone to suffer for all eternity and not live with their family forever in happiness. Giving up my family for 2 years so others can be with theirs for eternity is so worth it! I'm also learning to be patient with myself. It is so hard but I am learning and receiving patience with myself and with people. If you don't have patience well the mission will teach you patience in a very hard way. I am so grateful for patience. I know that through patience and constant study I will receive the gift of tongues.

What I love about my parents is the way they raised me.
Love You, Ducks Forever!
Elder Mcilmoil
October 14, 2013

This week I had 50 tortillas!!!

Scriptures of the week: Luke 5:10 and Mormon chapter 5- -We have a very special responsibility to gather the house of Israel. 

Just Chillin'
P-Day Fun With The District


No comments:

Post a Comment