Monday, September 9, 2013

Go And Serve Everybody



 
So lets see what happened this week, I read a talk by Elder Neil L. Anderson, this is his promise, "I promise you, as you pray to know with whom to speak, names and faces will come into your mind. Words to speak will be given in the very moment you need them. Opportunities will open to you. Faith will overcome doubt, and the Lord will bless you with your very own miracles." This talk isentitled, "It's A Miracle" http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/its-a-miracle?lang=eng Such a great talk, everyone should read it. I find such great comfort and joy when I read conference talks, they are full of guidance and comfort.

I also went to the capital for visa stuff and was reunited with my old district. They are amazing. I like to call us the sons of Mosiah. It was a long trip so we had to stay the night in a hotel. We had good experiences as we are all together. I went on divisions (splits) with one of the zone leaders. I learned so much from this experience. He taught me so much. It is good to see how others teach. When I was on divisions with one of the zone leaders I helped give a blessing. I was able to speak Spanish as I asked to anoint.I have handed out a total of 6 Books of Mormon. My companion has suggested we need to fast for our investigators that they will be committed in keeping their baptism dates. We have fasted many times. So I'm able to understand and speak Spanish better each day. I had an experience with the gift of tongues, I had no idea what I said but words just filled my mouth.
 

Just to let you know the food is good. I had potato tomatillo on Sunday with a member family. I'm sick again with the same thing like I had in CCM. My experience this time wasn't as bad since I didn't throw up. Everything just runs right through me and I still haven't gotten over my dumb cold. Needless to say I don't feel so swell right now. The week has had its ups and downs but a good amount of ups. I have learned that if you don't have the spirit you might as well not show up to the investigators house for your appointment. You cannot teach without the spirit no matter how good your knowledge is. It is better to follow the spirit more than anything because the man upstairs knows everything. I have also learned the Lord loves to give you little tads of revelation like little sticky notes.
 

The world is so full of wickedness the time to teach as the ancients is now and we must serve the Lord. As Elder Holland has said, "In this battle between good and evil, you cannot play for the adversary whenever temptation comes along and then expect to suit up for the Savior at temple and mission time as if nothing has happened. That, my young friends, you cannot do. God will not be mocked. I ask for a stronger and more devoted voice, a voice not only against evil and him who is the personification of it, but a voice for good, a voice for the gospel, a voice for God." GO AND SERVE EVERYBODY!!!!

What I love about Mom and Dad is that Mom has a soft love and Dad has tough love and I have learned so much from both of them 

Tortilla count this week: 15 

Love Elder Mcilmoil
September 3, 2013

Scripture of the week: Doctrine and Covenants 88:73


My CCM Comps: The Sons of Mosiah

No comments:

Post a Comment