Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Few Things I Have Learned

This Is Quiche
Tortillas for the week: 25

In the last few emails I will write before returning home I would like to share some things I have learned and experiences I had from the areas I have served in throughout my mission. First off and number 1 is how grateful I am for the opportunity I have been blessed with to serve the Lord as a missionary. I have come to understand that the Lord truly works miracles but not in ways we think, for example healings and not just for the sick and afflicted. He heals the spiritually weak, that is who He truly heals. Last Monday we met this man and as we talked him, he wanted to learn more so we made an appointment with him to come back and teach him more. Two days later we go to meet with him and we taught him the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Later that night I should say really late that night we get a knock on the door and I’m thinking who in the world would be knocking on the door this time of night. I open the door and it is the man that we taught earlier that day. He said, “Hey sorry it is so late but I’m just studying some things and I would like a Bible since I only have the Book of Mormon. Right now I want to learn more about the laying on of hands (the priesthood).” I’m so dumb founded I just stand there thinking who is this guy, this never happens. Finally I said yes let me go and get you a Bible. He immediately said thank you so much. As this was happening I remembered an old investigator in another area told me, “Look for the people that are spiritually hungry because they will act upon that hunger.” This man we are teaching is spiritually hungry. He also asked us about the date he has for baptism. Elder Chavez and I just smiled knowing this was another opportunity to teach more and we were able to answer all his questions. This man also came to a baptism we had and then to church in a shirt and tie we gave him! This guy is super pilas. We are teaching him about 3 times a week because he is anxious to learn. He told us some things about his life, and I just stood there and almost started cry, because you could see that he wants to change and his soul is hurt and wants a chance to be clean. When I think about this man I picture someone I love very much that has strayed from the church and I hope I have the chance to teach this person that they too can become clean through the Atonement of the Savior.
Elder Chavez And Elder Mac Hastening The Work
Number 2: We need to picture loved ones when we teach investigators, we will then truly teach from the heart.
Sharing The Gospel Through Futbol
Number 3: I’m humbled and grateful for the power and authority we have as missionaries. I had my last zone conference and I trained the zone about the power and authority we have as missionaries. As I was teaching the spirit opened the minds of the missionaries in the zone. I told them are we leaving our houses with potestad (power); in other words when we leave the house each morning are we truly prepared to teach like how Christ taught. We cannot be afraid to offend people with love. We read in Doctrine and Covenants 1:38, “What I the Lord hath spoken, I have spoken and I excuse not myself…..my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.” We have been called to represent the Lord, we are His servants, His voice.
Watcha Doing Elder Mac?
Number 4: We have a singular message to the world, THE RESTORATION! That is our message, it remarkable and it is simple. We need to always share the message of the Restoration, I testify as we do this; we and those we teach will truly come to know that Jesus is the Christ. If don’t share this powerful message people will never feel the true power of the Atonement in their life. They will never understand the importance of being baptized with proper priesthood authority. That is the truth and the truth hurts at times but we are talking about the salvation of the children of God, our friends and families. It is our responsibility to be pure and clean so that we share the message of the Restoration and invite others to come unto Christ through baptism so that His children can be saved. The mission is algo asombroso (something amazing). I’m truly grateful for the privilege I have to be a missionary and to serve in place of the Savior. And to help Him help others feel the power of the atonement.
Check This Out; Guatemala Wedding 
What I love about Mom is that she would write notes and put them in my lunches. What I love about Dad is when Mom and I would go up to the school he would take time and have lunch with us.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
June 8, 2015
How I Really Feel About Coming Home
Scripture of the week: 3 Nephi 18: 7 

If I could get every member of the church to go and partake of the sacrament, and when they took the bread, they asked themselves, 'Who am I? What am I doing? How am I living? Where am I going? What should I be accomplishing?' as they renew their covenants with the Lord. The minute they pick up the bread something would happen, they would turn to the Savior.” Elder L. Tom Perry 

No comments:

Post a Comment