Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day, Changes And A Prayer Answered

I Love You Mom!!!
Make Your Time With Mom Count
Tortillas for the week: 20

First of off I just want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much!!!! So for Mother’s Day we bought 5 dozen roses for the women in our ward here. It was a great experience to see all the women’s eyes light up and to see a huge smile on their face as we handed them a rose, I loved it. 
They Had Been Taught By Their Mothers
I do have changes tomorrow, my last change of the mission. The crazy thing is where I am going….. I’M GOING BACK TO MY VERY FIRST ZONE!!!! I’m being changed to serve as a zone leader in Santa Cruz del Quiché. It will be sweet because I will be able to visit the members in Chichi. My companion will be Elder Chavez, he is from Mexico. I know Elder Chavez from serving in the zone where I am currently serving as zone leader (Zona HueHue Centro). He is a great missionary.
Making Cookies In Pot, Why Not?
One Last Hurrah With Elder Mendoza
This week was hard but so worth it, I don’t have time to write about everything that happened but I just want to testify that our Father in Heaven answers our prayers. I know this from many experiences. I want to share my experience I had on Saturday as a prayer was answered. I had the blessing to baptize a Mom, not just any Mom but the Mom of a convert that I taught and baptized in San Antonio Huista. This Mom would not give permission to her daughter to be baptized at first but eventually her heart softened and her daughter was baptized. On Saturday I baptized the Mom. I witnessed this family being made complete; the Dad is now active and is on his way to be a branch president in Las Hustias, and now the Mom is a member. When I left that area I prayed and asked our Father in Heaven that this Mom would soften her heart even more and want to be taught the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that I could see her enter into the waters of baptism and I did. Not only was my prayer answered but I had the blessing to baptize her. The Lord does hear and answer prayers; in 2 Nephi 26:15 we read that the prayers of the faithful shall be heard. I testify again through that experience I had by witnessing the baptism of Estelita that the Lord hears our prayers. This experience was truly a tender mercy of the Lord. He lives and this is His work and He truly has people chosen and He does whatever it takes to prepare them, and He does it on His timeline. Once again as hard as this week has been, it was tender mercy for me and it truly showed me that our Father in Heaven does love each one of us individually. I know that He lives and loves us and that He is willing to work with us when we are willing to let Him work through us. I love each and one of you!!!!!!
Answer To Prayer
What I love about Mom and Dad was just being able to Skype with them on Mother’s Day.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
May 11, 2015
Las Familias Son Para Siempre
Until We Meet Again
Scripture of the week: Doctrine and Covenants 93:24 and Jacob 2:12 

“We have great helps to give us courage in this life. The greatest is the atonement of Jesus Christ. Because of what He did, sins can be washed away in the waters of baptism” Henry B. Eyring 

“Mercy is of the essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ.” Gordon B. Hinckley

Why shouldn’t we talk of the at-one-ment of Jesus Christ????

My Mother taught me.
Conesejo (Mission Leadership)

No comments:

Post a Comment