Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Look Unto Me In Every Thought; Doubt Not, Fear Not

Soldiers On The Lord's Errand
Tortillas for the week: 15

Well what can I say about this week, other than it is super-hot and then it rains like crazy. Definitely crazy and unusual weather here in HueHue. This is the last week before changes so the next time I write I will know where I will be ending my mission.
La Belleza Está En El Ojo Del Espectador
We had interviews with President Smith this week, it was great as usual. I learn so much from him. He told me one thing that caught my attention during the interview, it was this, just take everything you have learned and put it in to practice in your last change.
Elder Robelo: Humble And Submissive
Also this week we had divisions and it was a great experience. I stayed in my area with Elder Robelo. I learn something every time we have divisions. This time I learned how important it is to have a fast heart to love and to forgive. That is something we should all think about in any calling we have. Anyway one thing that was interesting about this elder is how bad he wants to do everything by the spirit especially teach by the spirit. It was truly humbling to watch and learn from this young elder as he is truly trying to be led by the spirit. It was a neat experience.
Object Lesson
So this week I have been studying Jacob 2 and it has been interesting because we learn in verse 18 that we must seek the kingdom of God first before seek the riches of the world and then in verse 19 we then read that if we do seek riches we must seek riches for the right reasons, to help the poor, to clothe, provide relief for the sick and afflicted basically Jacob tells us that if we want to be rich we must be rich for the right reason, which is to help build the kingdom of God here on the earth, that we may be able to help God in this marvelous work and wonder. I bear witness this work is the work of the Father, that this is His work to bring forth the immortality and eternal life of man. 
Doritos And Avengers Coming To Me In June
I want to end with this words of heed, times are changing, Satan is hastening his work and God knows this and for that reason we must prepare ourselves for whatever the Lord reveals to us. Remember these words from our beloved prophet Gordon B Hinckley, “God is at the helm. Never doubt that. When we are confronted with opposition, He will open the way when there appears to be no way.” So my dear friends stay strong, and embrace atonement of Christ, come to know Him and everything will be alright. We will be protected if we read the Book of Mormon, pray each day as family and pray individually and pay a full tithing and go to the temple often as we can. Go forward with faith and “Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.” (Doctrine and Covenants 6:36)
Iron Man Action Shot
What I love about Mom is that she has always been in tune to the spirit, what I love about Dad is that he has taught us how to be prepared through the spirit.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil 
May 4, 2015
Art Crimes
Scripture of the week: Mosiah 5:15

Be strong, and always abound in good works.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland  

No comments:

Post a Comment