Saturday, January 17, 2015

Training Elder Chavez And Clean Vessels

Elder Chavez And Elder Mcilmoil
Tortillas for the week: 20

So this week I gave birth to my first child (mission slang for a missionary meeting the missionary he/she will be training since that missionary is a brand new missionary.) Anyway his name is Elder Chavez, he is from Nicaragua and he is bien pilas (sick=great). It is a blast being with him. I love all missionaries but there is something special about the new missionaries. They are so eager to learn and excited to work. Elder Moncada and I went to Xela on Tuesday to pick up our new missionaries. We got back to Huehue at 6:30 pm and we went right to work. I’m excited to train and excited because the work is really starting to take off here, we are finding people to teach slowly but it is coming. This week has been a good week; we have worked really well together.
Elder Mac y Elder Moncada y Sus Hijos

I want to share an experience I had that opened my eyes to what I really have, so Elder Chavez and I were knocking doors; we knocked on this door of a family and a daughter answered well she leaned over the balcony. I tell her we are missionaries and then her face just turns colors or loses her excitement and is like oh. Then I said to her that we have a message about families. She ok but my parents are busy and she was just starts to shut us down. But before she does I said our message is about families that can be together forever. As soon as I said that she stops dead in her tracks and she stays and listens. I then said if you want your family to be forever, we would like to come by and share how you can have a forever family. She said ok you can come by. I asked her what day would work best. She said cualquier (whenever). So I asked what time, then she said cuando uds pueden (when you two can come by) and she left. Elder Chavez and I felt like we needed to wait a few minutes before leaving so we stood in front of the house. The dad looked out the window, and the daughter looked out the window. So I went and knocked on the door again and nothing.  As I left my heart just ached, in that very moment it hit me so hard what they just passed up/rejected/ missed, not only did they reject Christ, but they rejected the chance to have a forever family. Then I saw what I have, I have two parents that were sealed in the temple and my family is forever only if we live the commandments obediently. I am so grateful that my family is a forever family; NO EMPTY CHAIRS!
Highway To Heaven?
When we contact people we focus on the restoration. It is very interesting to see how people react when we tell them God has called prophets again to guide and direct us here in this world. Some people’s reaction is that is impossible, others reaction is I don’t care and then some find it very interesting and they listen to us. As we search out the prepared it is interesting to see what the Lord does to us, He cleans us to be worthy vessels for example He may say ok your repentance is enough, now you need to know this about repentance so you can be better. I am learning that TRUE repentance and TRUE confession is changing the way you live, actually putting in an effort to change. Yesterday I knew that the Lord has forgiven me, but He told me my son you need to change, change the way you live, to be truly forgiven for I have forgiven you but now it is time to raise the bar in your life. I know that I am on the Lord’s time line; I need to be patient and seek more often understanding how I may become a clean and worthy vessel to be an instrument in His hands to find those who have been prepared to hear His message.
Stripling Warriors

What I love about Mom is that she keeps going and what I love about Dad is who he is. 

Con mucho amor
Elder Mcilmoil 
January 12, 2015
Selfie Sunday

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 1:16

"When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power." President Ezra Taft Benson

“When we love the lord, obedience ceases to be a burden. Obedience becomes a delight.” Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin 

“Flora and I.” President Ezra Taft Benson (think about this quote)
Some Things Never Change

No comments:

Post a Comment