Friday, January 30, 2015

Give Thanks For Forever Families


Of Course I'm Going To Check This Out
Passage To The Other Side
Tortillas for the week: 30

This week has gone by so fast! Elder Chavis is a blast, I truly love working with a new missionary. And it is so fun training, I love it. So this week I have never been so busy with phone calls checking up on the zone and other responsibilities. Yeah it has been crazy this week. At zone training we were given amazing instruction and council from President Smith, when we returned home we prayed asking for el ayuda de padre celestial (the help of Heavenly Father) with the missionaries in our zone and we made a convenio (covenant) with Him. So this week as a zone we set a goal for 70 new people to teach. Last night came rolling around and I’m writing down the stats and I am getting numbers like 5, 4, 6 new people to teach. And I’m thinking we are not going to make our goal of 70 then we hit some big numbers and we ended up hitting the goal! We actually ended up with 74 new people to teach!!!  We also experienced another miracle with the zone. For 4 months we could never reach our baptism goal, we would always fall short and I mean way short. So this month we set a goal for 6. Then we made some changes, President Smith told us to leave the Bible in the house, so we did, he also told us to change our way of contacting in the street so we did. On Saturday we had our 6th baptism as a zone in huehue centr. Through many prayers and obedience to President Smith’s instruction and council we achieved our goal. This was a tender mercy our zone needed. I won’t go into details of other changes we made, but we made a lot of changes, hard changes but changes the Lord wanted us to make, we did, and reached our goal. It feels so good to reach our goal and we are just starting!
The Blessing Of Obedience
Today, Monday January 26th is the 5 year anniversary of our beloved angel, Chris Cook being called back to our eternal home. I would like to end my e-mail with these words. As I have had so many experiences on my mission and I have seen many things I have come to know Jesus Christ and I testify that He overcame death, that there is no sting. Yes I know it is hard to lose someone you love; the day Chris Cook my Gramma lost her battle to cancer changed our family. How can we say we are disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ and how can we bear any moving or lasting testimony of His divinity when we have never experienced anything like He experienced. In words similar to Elder Holland I am convinced that to truly come to know the living Christ, to return home, we have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane or we have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary. So my dear family I challenge you that on this day lose yourself in the scriptures especially when Christ came to the American Continent and seek to gain a greater understanding of the atonement. If you do so I promise you will feel a light, you will feel the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior and you will shed tears of gratefulness. It is no coincidence that this morning we taught a mother that lost her baby and as Elder Chavis and I were teaching her you could feel the spirit testifying families are forever. It is through the power of the Savior’s Atonement, we can be together again with our families after death. So give thanks that we all had the chance to know Grammy and give thanks that families are forever. Have joy in knowing that she has moved on to do a greater work and have joy that we know these things are made possible from a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who has felt the heartache and pain we feel. Yes I know it hurts but the pain is swallowed up in the resurrección de cristo and His infinite atonement.
Chillin' With Elder Chavis
Horchata Love!!!!
Con mucho amor
Elder Mcilmoil
January 26, 2015 
Mad Wall Skills
Scripture of the week: Doctrine and Covenants 24: 7-8

“The temple will be an ever-present reminder that God INTENDED the FAMILY to be ETERNAL.” Ezra Taft Benson 

When ye seek first the kingdom of God you shall find joy.

“Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause.” Spencer W. Kimball 

“Everyone loses his or her way at some point, to some degree it is the atoning sacrifice of the Savior that can return us home.” Elder M. Russell Ballard 
18 Months And I'm Still Making My Bed Mom!
Dinner Preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment