Thursday, August 28, 2014

#ShareGoodness


Missionary Love
More Missionary Love
Tortillas for the week: 30 and another duck.

Ok so here in Guatemala we are facing a pretty bad drought, the worst in decades, the food prices are being jacked because of major crop losses (beans, corn and coffee). The government has declared a state of emergency. It is bad and yes the people are suffering, but this is good because I pray that this drought will soften the hearts of this people so that they will truly know that their Father in Heaven needs them to come unto His Son, the Savior, Jesus Christ. When the people will turn their hearts to Heavenly Father and pray for relief, I know He will answer those prayers and the rains will come. We will see what happens.
Service=Love
Lifting Loads=Love
I Will Go Where You Want Me To Go, Dear Lord=Love
One night as we were walking home this guy was coming our direction and he was wasted, he was stumbling all over the road and I was thinking, what is going to happen. When he was right in front of me I took a step out of the way because he wanted to grab me and lean on me. We walked past we hear HEY! HEY! I was thinking I don’t want to get involved with this and then I hear JOHN! And I stop dead in my tracks and turn around and its Joel, he is dying, he is about to eat the street because he is laughing so hard. He said he saw us coming so he acted like he was drunk to see what we would do. It was funny. With relief, I started to laugh; Joel grabbed me and gave me a hug. It was such a good joke and a dang good prank. I love Joel. We read with him the tree of life vision, it was a good lesson. 

Just a random side note, I took a two hour Spanish test this week; let’s just say it was horrible. It was a voice recording test and after I was dead. I said to myself I am not looking forward to school, not one bit. 
"House Of God"
Seriously A BYU Fan In San Antonio Huista
We went by to visit Noe and his girlfriend this week, they don’t know if this church is true or not. We did help to them to understand this principal found in Ephesians 2:20 it says we must build upon the foundation of apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone. They understood to have the true church we need to have 12 apostles and 1 prophet, not dead ones but living ones. As I look at them I see one thing that they lack: BELIEF, they need to BELIEVE. They lack the faith to believe. If you believe all things are possible. I think that they believe that Heavenly Father will answer their prayers. I see that in almost all of our investigators that we are teaching, they don’t truly have the faith to believe. It’s sad, Christ said this about believing, “And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.
And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.” (3 Nephi 26:9-10) This is the mountain we are facing right now getting people to believe, not just investigators, getting the members to believe and yes missionaries.  
Edwardo's B-Day Celebration
"Woody" And "Jessie"
Piñata Goodness
On Wednesday I gave out the weirdest commitment. I told/challenged this señora to ask her pastor where in the world he got his authority to act in Christ’s name, to baptize and to establish Christ’s church. She said she will so we will see what he says. I would love to have a lesson with every pastor about the priesthood and tell them you do not have power and authority from God, but we do because this is what happened; the authority of God to organize His Church and perform ordinances of salvation was lost because of apostasy after the death of Jesus Christ and His Apostles. It was restored by the Lord to Joseph Smith by the laying on of hands by those who held the priesthood anciently, John the Baptist, Peter, James and John. 
Happy 3rd Birthday Edwardo!!
Birthday Love
My challenge to my parents and to everyone that reads this blog; Mom, Dad and everyone listen up here, you all know Facebook, twitter and Instagram right, I pray that you do, use my account and your accounts on Facebook, twitter and Instagram every week to share goodness, to flood this earth with simple messages of truth that this the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want my mouth to be opened on all levels, virtual and in person, so post things for me, I know someone is out there that needs to read, see or hear something that will change their life forever. So post a quote or a scripture on Facebook and twitter. Post a picture with quote or scripture on Instagram. Go and post everything with #ShareGoodness. I testify to all of you that the Lord is truly hasting His work. I know that the gospel can be like a wild fire, His message can sweep the earth as we open our mouths and share simple messages of truth. Talk to people every day so it can spread, people everywhere are in such need to hear the message of love, the message of peace, the message of forever families, the message of comfort, the message of the atonement, the message the Savior, Jesus Christ lives.
Edwardo And His Mom And Dad
More Birthday Surprises
Balloons And Birthday Love
I want to close with this thought I shared in zone meeting about the atonement. The atonement is two words: Love and Father. Why the Father? Because He loved His Father so dearly. I will share this as reverently as possible, have you ever thought about what the atonement cost our Heavenly Father? We always talk about Christ and His suffering but I want to talk about Heavenly Father. Elders and Hermanas none of us are parents but I know that if your child screamed out in pain you would do whatever it would take to save him or her, I know my parents would. What did our Heavenly Father do when His Son was bleeding from every pore, He couldn’t do anything, He couldn’t take the cup away, He couldn’t save His Son; the Son that was obedient in all things and followed every command. What could Heavenly Father do when He saw the nails rip the flesh of His perfect Son, He sat and watched or possibly He left and entered in His room and just wept because of what He saw, because of what was going on with His only begotten Son. Elders and Hermanas if you think about the Father and the Son more often we will sin less and be better because when we sin not only do we hurt those around us but we hurt the Son and the Father because of suffering they both experienced for us. Think about Heavenly Father more, because His love for us is the love that kept Him going through those horrid days, those 3 days without intervening by removing the bitter cup. Love the Father as He loves you. 
Bunny Ears=Missionary Photo Op
Ipa's Final Days
What I love about Mom is that she made it through her first 1/2 Iron Man and that she was qualified and was invited to race the USA Xterra National Championship. Congrats Mom!! What I love about Dad is that he is always there for my Mom.

Ducks Forever
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Mcilmoil
August 25, 2014 
Burning Fields
Struggling To Keep Crops Alive
Girls B-Ball Action Photo Op
Scripture of the week: Mark 9:22-24

“All things are possible to them that believe.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

“I exhort you to sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth—messages that are authentic, edifying, and praiseworthy—and literally to sweep the earth as with a flood.” Elder David A. Bednar

“The Lord is hastening His work” Elder David A. Bednar.
 
Be Strong-No Matter What

No comments:

Post a Comment