Sunday, August 24, 2014

Faith In Jesus Christ Is A Firm Conviction That He Lives


The Zone Leaders, Elder Turner And Elder Lundquist
Duck!
Tortillas: 20 and a duck, yep that’s right we ate duck.

I don’t know where to start this week. Last Monday when we went to visit Noe and his wife and as we were teaching about the gospel of Jesus Christ, my eyes were opened that even though churches believe in Christ they don’t know for sure that He lives. Many say yeah I believe Christ lives but you can see in their eye that they don’t know for sure which became clear with Noe and his wife. We changed directions and talked about faith. I told them there is something different about us, it is this, you have faith in Christ right, they said yes. Faith in Jesus Christ isn’t a simple declaration of belief. Faith in Jesus Christ is a firm conviction that He is who He says He is and that He will help us when we seek Him. Faith in Christ means trusting in Him, remembering Him, and following His teachings. It is a conviction that He is the Son of God, "The way, the truth and the life." I then shared with him the difference is not only do we have faith in Christ but we know He lives. I testified I know Jesus Christ lives; He is our Savior, our Redeemer. I know He lives, I give you my witness that He lives. I then asked wouldn’t you two like to know He lives. They both said yes. I said it is just this simple, read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is the word of God. In the moment I felt something come over me, I knew that someone was in the circle or that someone was standing between us and I knew that the spirit was there and you could see something in the eyes of Noe and his wife, they could feel it.
Celebrating Edwardo's B-Day
I Love This Kid
Yep He Loved His Cake
After our discussion with Noe and his wife we went and visited another family. Our message was on the Sabbath day. The mom was just bashing on her 23 year old son and her 11 year granddaughter about not going to church and the funny thing is she isn’t active in her church. She was like they won’t be saved and then I was thinking whoa Hermana why are you saying this. As I opened my mouth I felt something well up inside and I said there is only one church that is true which guides us to salvation or brings our salvation, it is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Only this church can bring us eternal life because it is the church of Jesus Christ. Those other churches are false, they are of man and if you think those churches will save you, you are mistaken, this is the only true church upon the face of the earth, it is the only true church because in it are the keys of the priesthood, the power and authority to act in God’s name. It is the power to bless, to heal and to administer the saving ordinances of the gospel. Come to church, come and feast upon His word, come unto Christ. He is calling you to come unto Him. I then shared something that I didn’t expect to say, I said if this church wasn’t true I would be playing football for a college not here sharing His message inviting you to come unto Him. I still don’t know why I said that but I did. And again I said to them please come unto Him, please. Answer His call and let Him heal you. The kids committed to come to church but they didn’t come Sunday. It truly was disappointing.
My Latest Artwork
Local Taco Shop Loves The University Of Georgia Football
We are still continuing our visits with Joel. Right now we just read the Book of Mormon with him. One night as we were reading he shared an insight I have never thought about Nephi. He said Nephi didn’t believe his Dad about his visions. And I was like whoa here and my comp said yes he believed. Then Joel said, “Then why did he go to Lord to ask if those things were true, yeah you could say he believed if you want to call it that but he didn’t know, he only had the belief to lead him to the Lord.” I was like wow, who is this guy and why aren’t you member. As I thought more about what Joel said; Nephi believed enough to follow so he went to the Lord to know, like how we all have to one day. Nephi is a great example to follow, believe enough then go to the Lord to know. I challenge you all of you to follow Nephi’s example, if you only believe go to the Lord to know.
P-Day And Ziplines
Safety First
This Is Going To Be Sweet!
This week the biggest thing that has helped me is the sacrament. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the sacrament. I read a talk; “The Sacramental Covenant” by Melvin J. Ballard and he talks about the cost of the sacrament. He says have we ever truly thought what it cost our Father in Heaven. As I thought about it, I realized I have never truly appreciated the sacrament and the gifts it brings us. I try my best to be ready to partake of those emblems, which come to us more readily and more repeatedly than any other in our life. We partake of sacrament in what has been called “the most sacred, the most holy, of all the meetings of the Church.” As I think about what the sacrament truly means I see this; when I see the crust of bread, always broken, blessed, and offered first, I remember His bruised body and broken heart, His physical suffering on the cross and I see this as I look at the small cup of water, I remember the shedding of Christ’s blood and the depth of His spiritual suffering, anguish which began in the Garden of Gethsemane. I ask what do you see as you partake as those emblems of the body of our dear Savior?
Missionary Photo Op
Just More Views From The Zipline
Yesterday we visited a less active. After Elder Ipanaque spoke we sang a hymn called, señor te necesito. After we sang I asked a question, “If Christ was with us right now, what would He say?” The lady said I think he would say what we are doing is good and keep it up. I looked at my comp and he said I don’t know. I said we just sang the hymn, señor te necesito, so I am certain He would say this Gloria te necesito (which is Gloria I need you), Elder Ipanaque te necesito and Elder Mcilmoil te necesito. He needs us, I am certain that is what He would say, te necesito because if He didn’t need us, He wouldn’t have died for us, but He did so He needs us and we need him. It doesn’t matter who you are and what you have done, you are never too far from His divine love. The Savior is saying Come Unto Me simply because He loves us and He knows we need Him. He can help us and heal us. He understands us because of His own experiences. As I said those words I got a glimpse of just how much the Savior needs us and how He is saying to all of us te necesito: Come unto Him, the most meaningful invitation ever extended. And we are all invited. As we accept the invitation to come unto Christ, we will find that He can heal all wounds. He can lift our burdens and carry them for us, and we can feel His loving arms wrapped around us.
"The Sun God"
"Lift Elder Lift"
Shrek Selfie
What I love about Mom is the sacrament experiences she gave me when she was in the hospital. What I love about my Dad is how he took care of my mom during those days when she was in the hospital.

con much amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil 
August 18, 2014

Victoria Center, Santa Ana Huista, Huehuetenango, Guatemala
We Want To Teach You
Scripture of the week: Doctrine and Covenants 4:3

“If you have a desire to serve the Lord you will, I promise you that.” Elder John D. Mcilmoil

“I need you.” Jesus Christ

“You cannot fail on the Lord’s errand” M. Russell Ballard

Lord I need thee. O I need thee. Every hour I need thee. Come unto me.

“In the simple and beautiful language of the sacramental prayers those young priests offer, the principal word we hear seems to be remember.” Elder Jeffery R. Holland



No comments:

Post a Comment