Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Planting Seeds Despite Imperfections

Rainy Season In San Antonio Huista
Yep, It's Knee Deep
30 tortillas and 9 days of rain, rain and rain and some more rain and emergency 3 zone conference in Huehue and there is a Dominos so you KNOW WHT THAT MEANS; 1 LARGE PIZZA FOR ELDER MCILMOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pizza!!!!
Let’s see where do I start for this week, we had a baptism which includes a story. So we found this member who didn’t exist in the MLS; we called the mission office and they said they had her on record, we searched her again and for some reason we still couldn’t find her. We did find her by going to her Mom’s profile. We called President Bautista and he said I can help with that, here is the number for the Church Office Building, which meant I needed to call Salt Lake. I called and the brother told me that the record I see is that the mom has a daughter but no record of a baptism. He said she will need to be baptized again. So we had a rebaptism on Saturday. We almost had 2 other baptisms, not just the rebaptism. On Thursday Elder Gates and his companion came up to do the interview for the rebaptism, his comp did the interview so me and Elder Gates went to visit Jerlin. He is beyond ready to be baptized anyway we had a sweet lesson with him. We asked him to commit to being baptized and he said would tell us Saturday. On Friday we had a four way conference call with the zone and we talked about the baptisms scheduled for Saturday because we had a goal to get 10 baptisms and if Jerlin received his answer and made the decision to be baptized the zone would meet the goal of 10 baptisms. The whole zone called again on Saturday morning telling us they had been praying for Jerlin. Elder Carlson and I went to meet with Jerlin Saturday morning since Elder Ipanaque had to go to a seminary meeting. This lesson was beyond crazy, we walk into Jerlin’s house and before we begin the lesson we sing Come Follow Me and then have a prayer. After the prayer we ask Jerlin if he has received his answer and feels ready to be baptized. He said no. I asked him what does it mean to ready and he said when I don’t feel nervous and feel peace in my heart and without any doubts. I then shared two stories, one about you Mom and your mission and then I shared how nervous I was before the Alta Game when I knew I was starting as a safety. I told him I was beyond nervous, but 10 min before the game I said a prayer and I felt a peace come over me and I knew I could do it. I went and played one of the best games of my life. I asked him when you play soccer do you get nervous? And he said yes. I shared with him being nervous is being human nature, we all get nervous before a test, a sports game, a big event or even a decision to be baptized. We told him it is ok to nervous. Elder Carlson shared with him a scripture in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 18 https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/18?lang=eng, which teaches about baptism. Elder Carlson asked him if this is what he desired and he said yes to every question. We then turned to his Mom and were about to ask if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. But her husband and Jerlin’s Dad walked into the house drunk. Gratefully he is a nice drunk. Before he walked into the house you could feel the spirit thick in the air and there was a lot of peace. I had my arm around Jerlin during the whole lesson to show our love for him. You could feel the love. We talked with the Dad for a few minutes; he loves to talk to us. After talking with him I looked at Jerlin and said be the example for your Dad and be baptized. He said no, I want my Dad to be there and to remember my baptism. Our hearts were broken for this family but we also knew Jerlin wanted his Dad to remember the day he would be baptized. That night I sent a text to the zone and said: Hey sorry but Jerlin did not feel right about being baptized. Remember the Lord will always believe in us despite our imperfections. Remember the seeds we plant will CHOOSE to grow as we are patient and help nurture those tender seeds. Let us continue to give glory to our God and praise Him all the day long. For I will Boast in my GOD. Att. Elder Mcilmoil. That day I felt like I let the zone down by not meeting our zone goal. I know I didn’t let the Lord down and I know the Lord will never let us down. HE never will! He has never let me down not even once; He has brought me up, strengthened me, taught me and has been patient with me in all my imperfections. He has given me courage to share my testimony and stand as a witness of Christ.  



Also this week I have had some great conversations with Elder Gates about being a leader. He has been talking to me and teaching me about doing different things. He told me that I have an amazing potential and by doing things differently I would be able to understand what the Lord is asking me and wanting me to do. The Lord will come to know that He can trust you and can rely on you no matter what. Anyway at the emergency meeting we had on Tuesday Elder Gates shared this scripture in Alma 49:8 which says, “But behold, to their uttermost astonishment, they were prepared for them, in a manner which never had been known among the children of Lehi. Now they were prepared for the Lamanites, to battle after the manner of the instructions of Moroni.” We are prepared and ready to find, teach and invite all to Come Unto Christ. Let’s forget ourselves and go to work.
It's All About Forever Families
I am studying Alma 17. There is too much to talk about, all I can say is Ammon is amazing. His love for the Lord is even more amazing. His only desire after repenting of all he had done wrong was to labor in the kingdom of God, devoting His live to preaching the gospel to the Lamanites. He inspires me to share the gospel with others, no matter how hardened their hearts are. It is not easy but I know the Lord will provide a way; He always does through our faith and obedience. Every time I read the Book Of Mormon I just feel and know so strongly the Lord well never let me down or any of us. He never will because He died for me and for each of you. He won’t, He loves us more than we can comprehend. Christ lives and I give you my solemn witness that He lives.
Fire!!!
Peace And Hope
Elder Mac and Josue
What I love about Mom is that she believes in me and what I love about Dad is the garden story he shared with me, it helped more than you think.

With love, DUCKS FOREVER,
Elder Mcilmoil
June 2, 2014

Scripture of the week: Alma 17:9 and the hymn, Abide With Me Tis Eventide
“It is impossible to fail when we do our best when we are on the Lord’s errand” Elder M. Russell Ballard.

No comments:

Post a Comment