Thursday, May 29, 2014

Weaknesses And Good Things To Come

"Welcome To Jungle In San Antonio Huista"
I Found A Donut, Not A Cougar Tail But It Is A Donut!
Tortillas: 50 and 2 baptisms that fell through. This week was good and then it got hard. As I thought about what I should write today I prayed to find the words to share. I feel strongly I need to share my feelings and show that even some of the strongest get discouraged, sad and heartbroken. Today I’m going share some true feelings so I ask for your forgiveness as I am about to speak rather candid. First I want to share a story from my personal study from the Book Of Mormon. On Thursday I was reading when Amulek contends with Zeezrom; I just love their battle of words. This account can be read in Alma chapter 11. I call this chapter the fear no man chapter. As I was reading Amulek’s words, I felt the power of his words. I felt his words penetrate my heart and soul. I felt like I was there because of the power I felt from his words. I realized I needed to be more like Amulek, Alma, Ammon, Peter teaching without Fear. The Lord needs more people like Peter, Alma, Ammon, Amulek who will stand up and testify of the truth with death staring in their faces. They dedicated their lives to teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Me And The Boys
Look Elder A Future Investigator Coming Down The Road
I want to talk about friends. I am seeing how much friends influence our lives. We have a group of kids who are ready and want to be baptized but they won’t do it until one of the friends does it first. Take a look at your friends and ask yourselves what friends lift you up, make you want to be better and make you want to be more Christ like. Choose to be with those friends. My counsel about the not so good friends is to invite to them Come Unto Christ through your example. If choose to hang out with them do not compromise your standards even if you have to stand alone. You may need to spend less and less time with those not so good friends or you may need to find new friends who will make it easier for you to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have seen in my life the choices I made led me down the wrong path because of not so good friends but because of good friends I made good choices. Also this week I read a talk by Chad Lewis, “The World Needs to See and Feel Your Light.” http://speeches.byu.edu/index.php?act=viewitem&id=2172 He teaches us we need to share our light. Christ teaches us to share our light in 3 Nephi 12:16, “Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Also in his talk Chad Lewis shares one of the greatest quotes I have ever heard, he says to “Surround Yourself with Greatness.” I just love that; Surround Yourself with Greatness, as you do you will be lifted up. I should say “Surround Yourself with CHRIST!” As you Surround Yourself with Christ you will be picked up and your tears will be wiped away.
Fuego Azul: Blue Fire Insanely Hot Rolled Taco Chip
Guatemalan Deliciousness
The Takis Feugo Azul Experince
I now ask for your forgiveness as I speak rather candidly about my feelings and I will end on a personal note. So here in San Antonio Huista it has been a mountain to climb for me, a huge one, it has also been a fiery furnace for me because I had felt abandonment, and I had weakness exposed and an experience that almost took the most precious thing away from me, my testimony. It hurt so badly. I felt like I was falling and there was nothing to catch me. I felt truly abandoned, I felt alone and it was so hard for me. Teaching was harder because when I would share my so called testimony it felt like nothing was coming out, it was horrible. Satan was attacked full force, he attacked my weakness. I want everybody to know it is ok if you are weak, that is part of life. Sister Anne C. Pingree shared this, “Some people feel defeated by their personal weaknesses and succumb to despair. Some attempt to hide, ignore, or compensate for their shortcomings because of pain and embarrassment. But, as the Lord told Moroni, recognizing and acknowledging a weakness is a necessary part of overcoming it: “Because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong” (Ether 12:37). I have seen my weaknesses become strong through a broken heart and time. Yes it takes time but all of our weaknesses will become strong through our commitment and determination to trust in the Lord. I am grateful that Satan attacked my weaknesses and somehow snatched my testimony because it has brought me closer to God and has shown me that perfection is a lifelong process. During most of my time here I felt alone and like a failure because I only have one baptism in almost 11 months of my mission. As I think about the number one, I think about the Book Of Mormon, the prophet Abinadi-he only brought one soul to Christ but that one soul brought thousands unto to Christ and my convert, she is 19 and she could be a future missionary bringing many others souls unto Christ. I also think about the Savior’s path, the path he took for our salvation, how His circle of friends and followers became smaller and smaller and as he was completely abandoned. He knelt and prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane and said, “Oh my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will but as Thou wilt.” I don’t know how many times I find myself just begging to Heavenly Father to remove this bitter cup from me but then immediately and humbly pray let thy will be done. As I look back I see the path that I have been blessed with, without being irreverent in any way it is somewhat like the path that the Savior of the world took and had to take to bring to pass our salvation. The suffering He had to feel, the rejection He had to feel, our sins He had to feel, He had to feel the spirit be withdrawn, He had to feel weakness and He had to feel the ultimate loneliness to personally know each us and the crosses we would carry. I have realized the Savior of the world knows how I feel and I’m also realizing His Atonement is truly lifting me. I testify prayer brings strength! I have seen a change in me as I pray with a humble heart; I am more sincere and praying with true intent. I share these feelings with you to help you to know that Christ feels what I feel but more importantly He KNOWS HOW YOU FEEL! Yes times will get tough and hard and push you to your limits and it may seem like the trial will never end but it will and there is hope and happiness ahead. I also share these feelings with you because every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better because that is what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us. It offers us that there is help and there is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. He is the Light, the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the “light that is endless, that can never be darkened.” That light is the very Son of God Himself. I say to you all that there is hope and that hope comes from the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I want to end with these words because I find so much comfort in these words and because we all need encouragement at time to keep walking. It is my prayer Elder Holland’s words will affect you as they have affected me. “Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come.” 
Elder Mac's Reaction After He Realized He Ate A Bee
Straight From The Hive Honey!
What I love about Mom and Dad is that they taught me to keep my chin up and stay positive. 

With Love-Ducks Forever, 
Elder John D. Mcilmoil 
May 26, 2014 
Duck Commander
A Sitting Duck
Scripture of the week: Alma 17:31, I know that all of you are having some trail right now with some lost sheep or in other words loved ones that have wandered. I say unto you be of good cheer because the Lord has called you to rescue those lost sheep, loved ones, investigators, inactive friends, neighbor, friends or family, just someone. Christ has called you to rescue His Father’s children. The Good Shepherd willingly gave His life for His sheep, for you and me, yes, for all of us, that we might live eternally with our Father in Heaven. We each should follow the direction our Savior Jesus Christ gave to Peter three times: “Feed my lambs. … Feed my sheep. … Feed my sheep.” I challenge all of you to bring ONE soul back to the Good Shepard. He will help and guide you to that lost sheep to bring back to His fold. You will be given Heavenly help. You will be given in the exact moment what to say as you reach out to rescue that lost sheep. Father in Heaven loves all of us so much He will place His words in your heart to help you. Have patience, offer friendship, learn to listen and love those you reach to rescue. If you are some of those lost sheep I’m calling out to you, take my hand and Come Unto Christ. Answer His call and Come Unto Him and He will heal you. The decision to change your life and Come Unto Christ is the most important decision you will make in this life. Please do what Alma counsels in Alma 13:27, “And now, my brethren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance.” If you will prayerfully consider those lost sheep in your life the Lord will guide you to who should reach out and rescue. I love all of you. I pray that we all may reach and rescue the lost sheep for that is what we have been called to do. Be Strong and of Good Courage. 
Just One Sweet Looking Leaf
Thunderstorm Rolling In
“Hold Fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes” Elder Jeffery R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment