Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chicken Foot, Promises And General Conference

My One And Only Chicken Foot
Pot Of Chicken Feet-Tasty
I did it! I ate a chicken foot! It didn’t taste too bad. Yep it tasted like chicken (haha). Also this week I was a model, photographer, a goalie box in the street and a tree. I love playing with the little kids and I just love them so much.
Love
Help!
Pure Love And Happiness
This week blew by, it went by so fast. On Wednesday we had zone conference. Just a side note when we were coming back from zone conference the tire on the bus blew up and it was shredded! At first it sounded like gun shots but a few seconds later I could smell the rubber and knew it wasn’t gun shots. It was a bit freaky.
Taking The Bus Always Bring Excitement
Shredded
Anyway it was the best zone conference ever! The zone leaders set up the pre mortal life and then talked about it. They asked to picture your best friend on earth. Now try to visualize your best friend from the pre mortal life and how you did everything with this person. You fought side by side with him against Satan. You would do anything for each other and both of you were with each other all the time. Then both of receive your calls to go to earth. Your call says you will have the gospel. You look at your best friend and he has tears in his eyes and his heart is broken, he will not have the blessings of the gospel. You look at him and you embrace him. He says to you find me and teach me. You promise you will, you promise you will search the entire world for him. It is time and the two of you go to earth. Then the zone leaders said, “You elders have promised people here to find them, so find them and bring them back.” It really made you think and realize that promises were made. It was amazing!
Smile!
Peace Out!
My Latest Artwork
Once again the power/lights went out, they went out on Thursday. They came back on Thursday night but went out again during the night. So on Friday morning I prayed for light, I prayed we would have power to watch General Conference so the branch could watch it. I felt that there would be power and we could all watch together. The Lord answered differently, we didn’t get power in the church, He answered with a generator in an internet café. On Saturday and Sunday I was in an internet café watching General Conference. It was so hectic because no power means all the kids in school are at the internet café and all of them are using the computers for homework, what I mean by homework is YouTube, Facebook and other garbage. I was able to watch almost every session except for the Priesthood session because the internet café closes at six on Saturday night. And I was able to watch some of the Sunday morning session because that was when all the kids were doing their “homework.” To be honest I was beyond frustrated. I was able to watch President Monson’s talk and realized I didn’t wait with love. Another great lesson I learned. Conference was amazing. Saturday morning I woke up with a smile on my face and felt like a little kid on Christmas day, the gifts would be of eternal value and not forgotten. I was so excited to learn from President Monson, the apostles and disciples. When I was watching Conference I caught a theme, the theme of building a foundation that is solid and secure. Helaman 5:12, “And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.” A foundation of protecting families, a foundation of truthfulness of the Book Of Mormon, and a foundation that is solid and secure to protect ourselves and our families against Satan’s world winds. As I was taking notes I realized almost all my notes were for the sons and daughters of God we are teaching. It is amazing to see how the Lord directs your paths. There is no doubt He knows the needs of each and every one of us. I want to share a few things I learned from the talks that were given. I loved the talk based on what were you thinking by Elder W. Craig Zwick. I loved how he taught we need to communicate in a language of compassion. His words are profound and powerful, “The willingness to see through each other’s eyes will transform corrupt communication into minister[ing] grace.” I also truly loved Sister Linda S. Reeves talk. Her talk touched my heart so much as she taught about protecting the family and having a Christ focused home. “We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, [and] we prophesy of Christ … that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.” I was also grateful that she taught about the husband and wife becoming one, “[no] other interest [or] person [or] thing shall ever take precedence over the companion spouse.” I also loved Elder Christofferson’s talk on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis talked impacted me so much. His talk truly made me want to study the Book Of Mormon with more sincerity and real intent. Just like Alma and the sons of Mosiah, “They had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God. But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation.” I want to focus on Elder Holland’s talk for a bit. His talk was so different for me, it intrigued me. He made my mind spin, he made me reflect and ask did I really defend the faith in my past, did I stand up when others didn’t, did I always stand up for Christ? Sometimes I can say yes and there are times I can say no. In Elder Holland’s words, “You may wonder if it is worth it to take a courageous moral stand in high school or to go on a mission only to have your most cherished beliefs reviled or to strive against much in society that sometimes ridicules a life of religious devotion. Yes, it is worth it.” I know it is worth it! I also loved how he said CHARITY can CHANGE the world. In this world we need a lot more love and charity. We can find strength in Elder Holland’s words, “Be strong. Live the gospel faithfully even if others around you don’t live it at all. Defend your beliefs with courtesy and with compassion, but defend them. In courageously pursuing such a course, you will forge unshakable faith, you will find safety against ill winds that blow, even shafts in the whirlwind, and you will feel the rock-like strength of our Redeemer, upon whom if you build your unflagging discipleship, you cannot fall.” I have to say President Monson’s talk about love was great especially the lesson I learned in internet café on a Sunday morning. We need to ask ourselves do serve with love? Always remember his words, “As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.” As I keep thinking about conference I think about Helaman 5:12. Is Christ are rock and redeemer in our life? Are our roots planted deeply in Christ? As the gospel increases in the world so will Satan’s attacks and they will become more fierce. How do we make our roots deeper in Christ, READ THE BOOK OF MORMON! I am going to read and study with more intent the Book Of Mormon an hour each day to strengthen my roots and testimony. I loved this Conference. It was truly amazing. I constantly see Satan attacks and I see how he gets a hold of the hearts of the sons and daughters of God. So many just want to talk of being a believer but really don’t follow Christ. They say it is too hard. Remember this is our 4 Minutes and our TIME is NOW!!!!! You cannot fail with Christ on your side. Stay strong and study the scriptures, especially the Book Of Mormon. I love you all! 
General Conference At The Internet Cafe
Happy Happy Happy Ducks!
What I love about Mom is that she would make coffee cake. What I love about Dad is that we would eat ice cream after priesthood. (By the way I bought some ice cream for after Priesthood on Saturday night.) 


Love and Ducks Forever,
Elder Mcilmoil 
April 7, 2014 

Tortillas count for the week: 55 and one chicken foot! 

Scripture of the week: Helaman 5:12 

Quote of the week: “ONE SHOULD NOT ROAM THROUGH GARBAGE.” Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis
Not Chicken Feet And Grateful
Missionary Glazed And Grilled Pineapple
Me And Elder Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment