Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Gift Of Repentace

 Cantando Missioneros de Huehue
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Tortillas for the week: 20

On December 23rd all of the missioneros de huehue (missionaries in Huehue) sang Christmas hymns in parque central. It was sweet; we had like 100 people or more listening and watching us. It was such a great experience I hope they do it again next year and establish a tradition for the missionaries to do this every year.
Feliz Navidad
Families And Christmas
This week has been a hard week; it has been full of tiny mistakes and a lot of lessons for me to learn. It has been truly hard, but I am beyond grateful for repentance. I have learned that repentance is one of the greatest gifts Heavenly Father has given us in this life. I’m so grateful that I can become better each day and that Heavenly Father is so very patient with me, He is patient with all of us. I know He loves us today and every day. He chooses us every day. The love He has for us is so amazing; He just loves us so much even though we are imperfect. President Uchtdorf taught, “He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken. Regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us.” He invites us to repent and to get better. “Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.” (Alma 5:33) It will be hard, with tears, pleadings, godly sorrow but it is so worth it (vale la pena). In the words of President Uchtdorf, “My dear brothers and sisters, don’t get discouraged if you stumble at times. Don’t feel downcast or despair if you don’t feel worthy to be a disciple of Christ at all times. The first step to walking in righteousness is simply to try. We must try.” When we feel the Lord forgiving us, it is so amazing, you can feel just love and feel so limpio y puro, como Cristo (clean and pure as Christ). Change is hard but you can do it and it will remove guilt from your heart and brings peace to your conscience. Making changes to be pure and clean will bring you closer to our Heavenly Father and you will come to know Him a lot better. You will begin to recognize His hand even more in your live. There will also be a strong desire to do His will and you become like our Father in Heaven.
El Niño de Cristo
Fireworks: Christmas Tradition
Also we had a meeting with President Smith on Friday. The meeting was with just me and Elder Moncada. President Smith wanted to talk about how we can mejorar la zona (improve the area). It was amazing to have this discussion. Through our discussion we found that we need to have the zone focus more on families. At the end President Smith asked us what we think the zone can do better? We said the use of the Book of Mormon more often. He said, “I want you two to think about the first missionaries, Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum, Parley P. Pratt and others, how many book did they use?” We responded with, “They only used one book.” He said, “Correct, the Book of Mormon. I have a challenge for you including your zone; all of you will leave your Bibles in your houses and only use the Book of Mormon. Now that is going to test your faith; trust and believe.” As I have thought about this challenge, I know it is going to test my faith but it also going to strengthen my faith and I will have a stronger trust in Heavenly Father and in the Book of Mormon. My challenge to each of you this year is have a stronger focus on the Book of Mormon. I know and promise your faith will be strengthened.
Elder Moncada And Papá Noel
Christmas Ham
What I love about Mom is the letters she had everybody write and sent them to me for Christmas. What I love about Dad is the Christmas mornings we would shovel snow together.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
December 29, 2014
Celebrating Elder Mac's Birthday
I Love This Kid
Scripture of the week: Alma 5:19 and 33

“Personal repentance is part of taking up the cross daily” Elder Neal A. Maxwell

Repentance requires both turning away from evil and turning to God.” Elder Neal A. Maxwell

He loves us today 
Hermana Cony Surprised John For His Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment