Friday, December 19, 2014

Love The People

Zaculeu=White Earth
President Smith!!!
I have some great news to share….I am going to Xela on Friday for a training meeting with Elder Duncan!!!!!! On Thursday we are having a multi zone conference with him here in HueHue. I am stoked, I love when General Authorities come and teach us. That is one thing I will miss about the mission is having the General Authorities and their wives come and speak just to us.
Saying Goodbye To Elder Albert
Elder Albert is longer a part of our companionship; President Smith changed him to a different area. So after having four comps and then three comps, now it is just Elder Moncada and I. Changes are in three weeks and we will find out if I am going to kill (send home) Elder Moncada or if one of us will be changed to another area.  
Dr. Brandon This Is For You
Zone Photo Shoot
Anyway this week was a good week, a very tiring week, which is great. I don’t think I have ever been this tired in my life. tal vez escribiré esta email en español, pero nah, terminare en español (maybe I will write this email in Spanish, but nah, I will finish in Spanish.) Yesterday I was talking to Josue after Sacrament meeting and I told him I will be home in six months. He couldn’t believe it. He said I remember when we first met, more than six months ago. He then asked do you want to go home. I said not really, yes there I things that I want to go home for, but to be honest I don’t want to go home. He asked me why. I gave him one answer, la gente (the people). I then shared this with him, I never thought before the mission I could have a love so strong for people, but I do. The blessing is the people. I said, Josue the only comfort I have when I leave is that I will be with my family. I don’t care that I am going back to the states, have the comforts of home or eat good food (jajajaja/hahahaha) none of that matters to me, the only comfort is that I will be with my family again. I will always have a very special place in my heart for the people here. I will miss them more than words could ever express. He asked if I was ever going to come back. I told him I can’t say when but yes I will come back. My parents have said they want to visit here; hopefully we can all come together. The reason I share this is for the future missionaries, soften your heart now for the people you will serve. You truly are standing in the place of the Savior. You are His hands. Prepare yourself to devote all your time and attention to serving the Lord, leaving behind all other personal affairs. As you do these things, the Lord will bless you and you will become an effective advocate and messenger of the truth. I also promise you will be blessed with His love and the people will feel that love. In the words of Elder Holland, “Although I may not be my brother’s keeper, I am my brother’s brother, and ‘because I have been given much, I too must give.’”  And to all you missionaries that are serving, treasure the people you are among, love them, love them unconditional, that is the way He loves you.  And for you returned missionaries, I ask you what are you doing for the people that you so dearly loved and served? The way you have chosen to live after returning home would it make them happy or break their hearts? Think about that. All I can say is that being blessed with the Savior’s love is something amazing, it is very special, and being able to show that love to the people lost in the traditions of their fathers, is something even more special. His gift to us is His unconditional love, discover it, embrace it, and share it every single day.
This Place Was Once A Capital (AD 250-600)
As we reflect on this past year and as we focus on what Christmas is really about, we should ask ourselves DID YOU LOVE ME THIS PAST YEAR? He loves us. His love is just not available for just one day, His love endless. I testify as we teach others the true meaning of Christmas and share the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ; we will feel love, a small glimpse of how much God truly loves us. Love everyone, just like the Savior. entonces mis hermanos/hermanas, le quiero mucho, y estoy muy agradecido a mi padre celestial para esta oportunidad que tengo para representar el, y compartir el mensaje de amor divino, y para ser un mensajero de la verdad. (my brothers/sisters, I love you, and I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father for this opportunity that I have to represent and share the message of divine love, and to be a messenger of truth.)
"Love You Elder Mac"
But This Is Goodbye
What I love about Mom and Dad is the love they spoke in the home, Love You Two.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder McIlmoil
December 15, 2014
Look What We Found, Church Christmas Float
Scripture of the week: D&C 64:33

The little things matter.

He loves you today and always.

“Try a little harder to be a little better.” President Gordon B. Hinckley 

 
Elder Moncada's First Warhead
 

No comments:

Post a Comment