Saturday, November 15, 2014

Zone Training And Lessons In Humility

Opportunities To Serve
Tortillas for the week: 20

First off here in Huehue we don’t get many tortillas which is fine and a bit strange since I’m used to eating lots of tortillas. This week went by super-fast. I can’t believe we only have 2 more weeks until the next change; time is going by way to fast.
Mavrerick?
We went to Xela on Tuesday for a meeting with President Smith and all the other zone leaders. It was amazing! We had training in the morning and after lunch Hermana Smith and President Smith spoke, what an incredible blessing to learn from them. Hermana Smith is so humble and when she speaks she speaks with so much love. She loves all of us like were her children. You can just feel how much she loves each of us.
Catching With Elder Navarro
President Smith spoke about faith. He broke faith down into three parts. First faith is knowing God (John 17:3, And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.) Second faith is obedience in doing God’s will. Third faith is sacrifice. His words made me think and look at faith differently. It made me think do I truly know God? My answer is kind of. As I was thinking President Smith shared with us that last night he read a talk given by President Uchtdorf and after sharing what he learned he said “I know the Lord” and he then asked us, “Elders and Hermana’s can you say you know the Lord?” What a great question for all of us. His words made me think what am I truly sacrificing to know the Lord, what do I need to give up to know the Lord? What do I need to do differently to know the Lord?
Zone Training And CCM Comps
After the meeting I had the opportunity to talk with President Smith. I asked him how can a man be more humble. When I asked him that he kind of laughed and he said I really don’t have an answer. He then shared this, I look to the quorum of the twelve apostles for their example. The only desire they have is to do the Father’s will, so if you want to be more humble, do the Father’s will. He also said I like to look at Peter’s story in John 21. (Elder Holland’s nonscriptural elaboration on what occurred when Jesus appeared again to His Disciples when they went fishing and He says to Peter, “Then Peter, why are you here? Why are we back on this same shore, by these same nets, having this same conversation? Wasn’t it obvious then and isn’t it obvious now that if I want fish, I can get fish?  I have asked you before to leave your nets. And I’m asking you again, and I don’t want to ask you a third time. What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So, Peter, for the second and presumably the last time, I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you exactly what they did to me.”) I told him that I just love that story. He said being humble is to love the Lord and leave our nets behind or in other word giving up that favorite sin, let go of it and leave it behind. As soon as he said those words, I knew what I had to drop and give up to become more humble and to know the Lord. Through President Smith the Lord was telling me to be more humble you need to submit to the Father’s will and He needs me to drop my net and leave it behind. By doing so I can truly come to the know the Lord and love Him and feed His sheep. It was an amazing conversation, a definite tender mercy. I learned so much and I know the only way to be humble is to walk in the footsteps of the Savior. In the words of President Monson, “The Savior’s example provides a framework for everything that we do, and His words provide an unfailing guide. His path will take us safely home.”
Missionary Selfies And Photo Bombing
The next day we did divisions (exchanges), all I can say divisions are amazing. It is a chance I have as a zone leader to bless the missionaries I serve. It was a great experience, I was to become familiar with one of the areas in the zone and I know what to expect of the elders in this area. As I was talking to Elder Dasilva a certain experience came to my mind which I needed to share with him. It was experience I hold sacred in my heart and I was hesitant at first but the spirit kept at me to share it with him. So I did and I pray that it helped him. It taught me that if we are worthy the spirit can work miracles through us because we are clean vessels of the Lord. That is all the Lord asks of us, is to be worthy so He can work through us. In Doctrine and Covenants 33 the Lord instructs us to lift up our voices to declare my gospel. Open your mouths and they shall be filled with what to say. It is interesting to see how the Lord will do His work. Nothing is going to stop His work from going forward. The only thing He asks of us is to love Him, drop our nets and be worthy to feed His sheep. As we do this we will gain more faith, a stronger testimony, become more humble and be committed to keeping all the commandments.
Photo Skills At Night
On Friday we met with a member who is trying to do Family Home Evening each week. I told her that is where I learned the gospel; it wasn’t in church it was in my home from my parents. I shared with her the story of the 2000 stripling warriors and then I said because of Family Home Evening I do not doubt that my parents know the gospel is true and I know the gospel is true. As I think about a testimony and bearing witness of the truth, there are so many ways to testify, we always testify of Christ but I love testifying about the small things that make the biggest difference, like Family Home Evening, the testimony of my parents or that home is the best school, it is the best place to prepare for the challenges of earthly life and the blessings of eternal life.
Jocon: Chicken And Rice And Other Stuff I Don't Know
What I love about Mom is that she knows that this is the truth and what I love about Dad is that he knows that this is the truth.

con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
November 10, 2014

What? Apple Soda
Scriptures of the week: Doctrine and Covenants  84: 61, Doctrine and Covenants 61:36

Faith is the principle of action and of power- Joseph Smith 

The most sacred work we will do in this life will be the work we do within the walls of our home.

He is ready to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment