Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Live In Thanksgiving Daily And Let Him In

Mission Leadership Meeting With President And Hermana Smith
Tortillas for the week: 25

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How great is to have a day focused on gratitude. With that being said we should be grateful every day. President Uchtdorf says, “Have we not reason to be filled with gratitude, regardless of the circumstances in which we find ourselves?” We have so many things to be grateful for regardless of circumstances. We need to take time each day and find at least one thing that we are grateful and you will be happier. We all need to have an attitude of gratitude. I’m grateful for my dear Father in Heaven; He gave me this life to be tested and show my love for Him as I try to better person each day. I’m also grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Words can’t express my gratitude for my Savior and His courage to say to the Father, “Thy will be done.” I have never experienced so much adversity and heartache as I have these past 17 months but I also have never experienced so much comfort, peace and light. Because of Him I receive the strength and courage to do His work every day. I owe Him everything, He is my everything, He is everything. I love Him so much. And I’m also grateful for eternal families. I’m humbled to know that families can be together forever. It is through the divine love of our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ that we have been given the priceless gift of forever families. It is truly a blessing to share with those we are teaching of divine gift of eternal families. It feels your heart with indescribable joy.
Grill Master Elder Mac
"Feasting On The Words Of Christ"
Once again this has been one crazy week. We did divisions twice, one of the divisions was with the elders in our zone and the other division was with the assistants. It was such a great experience spending time with the assistance and learning from them. The spirit they carry with them is amazing. I have to admit it feels good when one of them gives you a complement. (jajajaja or in Egnlish: hahaha)
Our Crazy Zone
We had so many things happen this week it was crazy. I want to share one of the experiences I had this week. We went by a member’s home last night and we talked with the family about Christmas. I shared with the family that next month is Christmas and I challenged them to change their focus and give to Christ our best gift which is to serve others with all our heart, might and mind. I told them what I love about the word Navidad in English is that as you break down the word Christmas it becomes Christ. Christmas is Christ. President Monson said, “Finding the real joy of Christmas comes not in the hurrying and the scurrying to get more done, nor is it found in the purchasing of gifts. We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season. We can keep Him in our thoughts and in our lives as we go about the work He would have us perform here on earth. At this time, particularly, let us follow His example as we love and serve our fellowman. May we all make the journey to Bethlehem in spirit, taking with us a tender, caring heart as our gift to the Savior.” I then said let’s all do better this year to have the spirit of Christ with us this Christmas. It was a very special moment for all of us as we could feel the spirit of Christmas in the room; I should say the spirit of Christ.
Brotherly Love
Elder Moncada: Guardian Of The Grill
Thursday is thanksgiving. Let us show our love for the Savior as we take the time to write down at least one thing we are grateful for, not just on Thursday but every day. I promise you that as you do this your eyes will be opened to the many blessing you receive and the tender mercies you are given every single day. Be grateful every day no matter your circumstance. As we become more grateful we will be that innkeeper who will make room for Him and we will let Him. As we let Him, we will come to know Him and our hearts will be filled with gratitude. We will want to share the gift of Christ with others. May we all let Him in and feed Him and take care of Him as we do so we will take care of others and that is serving God Himself.

“Then in a moment to my view
The stranger started from disguise;
The tokens in his hand I knew;
The Savior stood before mine eyes.
He spake, and my poor name he named,
“Of me thou hast not been ashamed;
These deeds shall thy memorial be,
Fear not, thou didst them unto me.”

May we all be Disciples of Jesus Christ in all things and in all places even until death. For He will always stand beside us.
Somewhere In Huehue
What I love about Mom is the turkey decorations she would make for Thanksgiving and what I love about Dad is the turkey bowls we played in.

Con mucho amor, ducks forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
November 24, 2014

Scripture of the week: Alma 34:38

Live in Thanksgiving daily.

BTW: a member watched Duck D!! In Spanish, WHAT!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment