Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Love Is The Essence The Gospel



Tortillas: 30
Ok this week was a lot of rejection, may sound strange but I love it; it truly shows and teaches me that opposition, criticism, and antagonism are companions to the truth. Whenever the truth is revealed, there will always be a force to oppose it. There has always been and will ever be an effort to deceive, derail, oppose, and frustrate the plan of life. I am seeing that, we have a lot of people tell us oh I have my church and I don’t want to change churches and I am saying in my head if only you could hear the message that we carry as emissaries of Christ, if only you could hear His voice speak through us. Christ isn’t asking you to change churches; He is asking for a change of heart, He is asking you to come unto Him so He can embrace you and by doing so you find the truth. But they just turn us away like we are a hiss and a byword. We continue to stand tall and are grateful to share His message through word and example.
P-Day Trip
This past week we had zone meeting and it was great. The zone leaders were asking us what are the most important things to have to be successful? Missionaries were shouting faith, diligence, service etc. I spoke up and said CHARITY, and Elder Lundquist said what, say it louder and I said CHARITY, LOVE because we learn from the scriptures that if we don’t have charity we are nothing, if we don’t love we won’t work, if we don’t love we won’t baptize, if we don’t love we will not be successful. If you love you will desire the salvation of your brothers and sisters, just like the sons of Mosiah did. If you have love you won’t have just baptisms, you will have converts. If you love, you will be obedient; the Savior said if you love me, keep my commandments. LOVE is the most important thing for us to have to be successful. From love we have salvation, if Christ didn’t truly love us, there is no way He would have suffered and died for us that we may live forever with our families, so LOVE is everything, LOVE changes hearts. I testify to all of you LOVE is the essence of the gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ is love and we carry the message of love. Its love that keeps me going when people reject us. Its love that the Savior has for me that I am able to speak and to testify of truth in the language of Spanish. He blesses us to be instruments in His hands because of love. Its love that carried Him through that night so long ago, its love that kept Him going when He cried in agony Father, Daddy isn’t there any other way that is less excruciating. It is love that carried Him through the whippings and scorning’s. It is love that carried Him to Calvary. It is the message of His Love that we offer to the world. After sharing and truly thinking about Love in Zone Conference the week was different for me, I loved a lot more, and it was truly amazing. I offered service with more love and compassion. Through that service I destroyed my hands but it was so worth it because I saw the gratitude of the ladies had for us as we helped them. One of the ladies was 95 and she was cutting fire wood with an axe, as we saw this we asked if we could do it for her and she was so relived. As I go about serving with more love, the days are so much easier. As I go about with love, I speak differently when I teach, I teach as if the Savior is speaking through me. Yes we are going through a very hard time, but we are joyful and cheerful because we have the Lord’s promise with us that He will give us strength beyond our own to face opposition.
Friendly Match
Also this week we meet with Joel and I explained repentance to him. He said I don’t like it because it’s like saying excuse me when we bump someone in the street. I then explained about repentance even more and shared with him that repentance is when we experience a change of heart, it is we are telling God that we are done doing evil, take my heart and mind that I may have spiritual power to turn away from sin. Repentance is an expression of love to God and our Savior Jesus Christ. Repentance is when we allow God to take over and believe we can change. It is interesting because all this week in my personal study it has been about repentance, that is where I am in the Book of Mormon, the repentance section. I have learned repentance brings forth the change of heart which all the Book of Mormon prophets teach. It is repentance that brings people to be baptized; it is repentance that brings forth conversion. Repentance is love. My good friends repent, and be full of love, pray with all the energy of your heart to be blessed with charity to reach out to those in need. It is my hope that we truly repent so you can feel Christ’s arms wrap around you. Elder Holland said, “Whatever you have done, you are never too far from the divine.”
"However many mistakes you feel you have made, you have not traveled beyond the reach of the divine." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
What I love about my Mom is the love she has for others. What I love about Dad is the love he has for his students and for my mom.
 
Con mucho amor, con todo mi caridad que yo tengo,
Ducks Forever,
Elder Mcilmoil
August 4, 2014
Roof Top Transportation
Scripture of the week: Alma 22:18
 
“I cannot begin.....tell you what it means-to enjoy the blessings and privileges of dwelling in Christ's presence forever and ever. I know how the soul is thrilled; I know the feeling that comes by being in his presence for but a moment. I would give all that I am, all that I hope to be, to have the joy of his presence, to dwell in his love and his affection and to be in favor with the Master of all things forever and ever.” Elder Melvin J. Ballard

“The true Church is positioned around.... the chief cornerstone, ‘the rock of our Redeemer, who is [Jesus] Christ, the Son of God,' He who is the great 'Apostle and High Priest of our profession,’ to use Paul’s phrase. Such a foundation in Christ was and is always to be a protection in days ‘when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you.’ In such days as we are now in—and will more or less always be in—the storms of life ‘shall have no power over you … because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.’”  Elder Jeffery R. Holland

Pure Christ-like love flowing from true righteousness can change the world.

Walk with love every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment