Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Fourth Of July, President And Hermana Smith, And Guess What Day It Is?

365 Gift Of Freedom
Happy 4th Of July
In Honor Of Our Freedom
Tortillas: 20
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!! AMERICA, THE PROMISED LAND, the land Captain Moroni dedicated in Alma 46, so I want to bear my American witness, I know that the constitution of America was inspired by God, I know that George Washington was the President Of the United States Of America, I know that we are a free country, I know that blood was shed for our liberty, I know that the founding fathers were inspired by God to do the things they did, I know that we are the red white and blue. God bless the U.S.A. :)
Fireworks and the 4th of July: Somethings Don't Change
4th Of July Celebration
This is What Happens When You Play With Fireworks
The 4th of July was a very interesting since I am reading the war chapters in Alma during this sacred holiday in the states. As I read I’m seeing George Washington and Captain Moroni are so very similar. When Moroni made the title of liberty out of his torn coat and then “bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren” I also see the painting of George Washington praying in Valley Forge. I see so many similarities between the Nephites being led by Captain Moroni and the founding fathers being led by George Washington, inspiring the people to defend their religion, freedom, peace, and families. I truly love and have gratitude that they both fought for religious freedom. We have so much to be grateful as we celebrate our freedoms each 4th of July.
President And Hermana Smith With Our Zone
I met President and Hermana Smith on Wednesday. WOW he is something else, he is so amazing, I can’t even describe what he is like. Mom and Dad you have to meet President and Hermana Smith. I know these two are chosen of God to lead the mission. President Smith spoke to us and it was amazing! He talked about Coming Unto Christ and about our objective as missionaries. You could feel and see the spirit working through him as he talked to us. It was a powerful moment. During his talk he only used the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants to teach us. After he closed his talk he did something I have only seen apostles do, he blessed us, and I know that he was moved upon by the spirit to bless us. He blessed us that we will receive stronger desires to work which we have never felt before. I knew right in that moment our loving Father in Heaven was speaking through my new mission president showing us he has been called by divine revelation to serve as our mission president. I also had an interview with President Smith. I have never felt such comfort, I could tell this man anything. I have never felt so much confidence in someone I just barley met. And Hermana Smith is just as amazing. To describe Hermana Smith well let’s just say she is like my Mom and my Grammy. When I had an interview with her I felt like I was talking to my very own Mom, it was so great. I can’t say enough about President and Hermana Smith. 
The Roads We Walk To Find And Teach The Lost Sheep
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?????? HEY WHAT DAY IS IT????? GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS????????......it;s what...its HUMP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH HUMP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE FLIPPIN YEAR; HEY ELDER ONE FLIPPIN YEAR.....FLIP IT’S A YEAR......FLIP......wow what do I say about this past year, I can say I have never had a harder year in my life, never, but I have also never experienced so much joy and love . The trials, the tears, the heartache are worth every joyous moment here on my mission. Above all the best parts of this year are the moments I testify, when I bear witness of Christ and the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of this church. Those are my favorite moments in the mission. It is all about the moments I get to bear witness here in the mission as well as the rest of my life. Time has truly flown by this past year. Time goes by so much faster when you don’t think about time. I will confess that I have had moments when my heart was depressed and I was ready to call president Bautista and say I am going home but in those very moments these words would come to mind, “Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.” Also in those moments there would be something that would happen that would lift my heart and make me carry on and to dig down deep to carry my cross. I can say with all my heart, my soul and every fiber in my body that bearing our cross is this life is the greatest thing in the world, yes at times it seems like the dawn will never come, or the sun will never rise, but it always does because the great consolations of the Easter season. In the words of Elder Holland, “Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are. Truly the Redeemer of us all said: “I will not leave you comfortless: [My Father and] I will come to you [and abide with you].” I know that is true, so I say to all of you, “Don't You Quit. You Keep Walking. You Keep Trying. There Is Help And Happiness Ahead. Some Blessings Come Soon. Some Come Late. Some Don't Come Until Heaven. But For Those Who Embrace The Gospel Of Jesus Christ, They Come. It Will Be Alright In The End. Trust God And Believe In Good Things to Come.” I love you all and I say to all of you young men who can serve a mission but have chosen not to, you have made the biggest mistake not to serve, so young men, get active in the church and get clean. The road of forgiveness is so worth it! I know because I have walked it, it is the most glorious and hardest road but this road shows us the power of the atonement. There are two verbs in Spanish saber (to know) conocer a alguien (to know somone) so saber el Salvador (to know the Savior), conocer verdaderamente el salvador, Jesucristo (to truly know the Savior, Jesus Christ) go on a mission!
Guatemala Is Beautiful
So Good!!
Just More Scenery
What I love about Mom and Dad is that they write me every week, Ducks 4 Forever.

With Love,
Elder John D. Mcilmoil
July 7, 2014

Scripture of the week: Alma 48:11-12, 17

“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.” George Washington

“Real men despise battle, but will never run from it.” George Washington

“In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children” Captain Moroni  


“Assume the good doubt the bad.” Elder Jeffery R. Holland

The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

“I will be home in a blink of an eye mom” Elder John D Mcilmoil/July 9th, 2013 


No comments:

Post a Comment