Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Book Of Mormon, The Priesthood And This Is God's Church


Usted Habla Inglés
Tortillas for the week: 30. This week has been a week of personal revelation. Answers I have been searching for a year, yes a year, but a year of study and a year truly learning that the Lord gives you answers when you are ready and when it is His time. The Lord taught me some things this week that I needed to know for my last year and with getting a new mission president. Some of the things the Lord taught me were taught in a talk given to new mission presidents, what a surprise. If I could choose a theme for this week it would be a week of the priesthood and Book of Mormon is the word of God. The Book of Mormon is the key to our testimony. If you don’t know if the Book of Mormon is true, then read it, it is just that simple-read it. If you don’t truly know that this is the true church, that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and if you may not know Jesus is truly the Christ, read the Book of Mormon. Take on Moroni’s promise (Moroni 10:3-5) READ, PONDER IN YOUR HEART AND ASK GOD. I can’t even begin to count how many times I have said this to the people we teach. “Hey you want to know the truth, read this book (The Book of Mormon) and pray because jack look here, if this book IS NOT true then this church is false, Jesus truly IS NOT the Christ, Joseph Smith was NEVER a prophet, and we are WASTING two years of our life, but hey if this book is TRUE, then this is the ONLY true church of God upon the face of the earth, Jesus IS the Christ, and Joseph Smith IS a prophet of God. I have shared so many times and will continue to share the same thing President Benson said, “The only problem the objector has to resolve for himself is whether the Book of Mormon is true. For if the Book of Mormon is true, then Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith was His prophet, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true, and it is being led today by a prophet receiving revelation.” A prophet of god made that statement and I know he was a prophet. I know that if the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and because it is the word of God we HAVE God’s priesthood keys. I know we have prophets and apostles here upon the earth right now who have the priesthood which is power and authority from God. If we didn’t have the priesthood, our church would be false, but we do HAVE priesthood keys. THE CHURCH IS TRUE and is led by living prophet called to speak for God. As we teach I try and focus on the Book of Mormon because it is the word of God and the priesthood because the priesthood seals families for all time and for all eternity.
Great Dinner
Sweet Experience
This week I had a sweet experience. We were talking with two young men and they said, “Hey Mac you going invite us to go eat dinner?” I said, “I don’t know.” As we continued to talk I really starting thinking I should invite them to dinner, I really felt like I should. So I said, “Hey let’s go eat” and they were like really!?!?!” And I said, “Yea let’s go.” So my comp and I took these two young men to dinner. What we talked about was amazing; as we were walking Luis was like hey Gelmer wants to know what church is true. I said, “So Gelmer you really want to know this. Why do you want to know this?” He said, “Because I feel I need to get baptized so I want to know what church is true and go to it.” Then he asked what church is a good church to go to and be baptized. I said all churches have truth but there is only ONE true church. And again I said you really want to know what church is RIGHT and TRUE correct? And he said si (yes). So I bore my testimony and also told him to ask God which church is true, He will tell you because He knows all things and He knows which church is true. Then we arrived at the place we were going to eat at and as we were eating I shared more with them about finding truth. After dinner he said to me, “So to know what church is true I need to ask God because there is only one true church these are the things He knows about and will answer us?” I said, “Yes.” It was an amazing experience.
Two Words Humble and Kind
Also this week I have been studying the story of Captain Moroni. Through my studies I noticed something; the thing I caught is something that is in four days from today: The 4th of July. I saw that the founding fathers were exactly like the Nephites in this way, they fought to protect their wives, their children, their lands and their houses but most importantly they fought for their freedom of religion. Captain Moroni and the Nephites and George Washington and our founding fathers fought for the same thing. Both were great men of faith, both knew that God would deliver them as long as they were obedient and faithful in keeping God’s commandments. So the 4th of July has a new meaning for me. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I close I share with you my testimony that I know that this church is true, because I asked God some time ago if this is His true church. He answered this question before I knelt in prayer and asked Him, it was when I was a little kid, the first general conference session I ever attended and as the closing hymn was being sung I felt something, I felt a little fire and I remember what I felt I cannot put into words but at that moment I knew I was feeling something I had never felt, the spirit testifying to me that this is God’s church. At that time in my life I believed the church was true but from that experience and many others I know that this is the only true church. A belief turned into something I KNOW and teach and testify of everyday. I bear witness of the priesthood keys we hold are a gift from God, I know this is God’s true church because of the way I have felt every time I think or talk about our new mission president, President Smith. I truly feel he had special witnesses of Christ’s hands laid upon his head to hold keys for this mission. I add my testimony to every testimony given of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I also testify if we read it and always read it we will never leave the church. “If you have not read the Book of Mormon, read it. If you do so prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. I know that this book is true.
My Version of Seeing Transformers
Oh So Good!
What I love about Mom is that she danced with me at youth conference and what I love about Dad is that camped out in the snow cave in front of our house. 


Ducks Forever, With Love,
Elder Mcilmoil
June 30, 2014
Rocky Road
Scripture of the week: Alma 45:6-7


“You cannot do wrong and feel right. It is impossible!” Ezra Taft Benson 

“We know when we are not doing what we ought to do because every one of us has a conscience.” Elder M. Russell Ballard. 

“You are free to choose, but you are not free to alter the consequences of your decisions.”Ezra Taft Benson

“When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power.” Ezra Taft Benson 

Obedience is power in the priesthood-Elder John D. McIlmoil 
I Love My Dad and Hot Donuts
Some Days You Just Have to Eat Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment