Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mexico And It Was Mom

The Hills Of Guatemala
Traveling To Mexico
Welcome To Mexico
Tortillas for the week 30 and 1 minute in Mexico! I never thought during my mission I would go to two different countries. Wow, crazy, boom-mind is blown.
Welcome Back To Guatemala

Mini Missionary!!!
Last week we didn’t have the baptisms we thought we would, that’s ok because it will happen. One of kids said he wanted to learn more, he just wasn’t sure he had received that confirmation. We went home a little disappointed because baptism is the path to discipleship. When we got back home, I sat down and just thought, I thought for a long time, a matter of fact I thought myself to sleep. When I got up in the morning I went immediately to the scriptures and just thought and prayed some more. I came to the understanding what I needed to say, it was what I have been doing for myself for the past month and a half, immersing myself by reading and studying the BOOK OF MORMON to know the pure truthfulness. As I have doing this I feel like I am reading for the children of God, preparing to teach and to understand their questions and concerns. Later that day we went to his house and I told him I have thought a lot about what you said last night and I want you to know God is the source of all truth. He loves you and wants to answer your questions. He will help you recognize the truth as you sincerely seek it and ask Him for guidance. You can know that what you’ve been learning is true. What you need to do if you truly want to know if the church is true, if Joseph Smith really is a prophet and is the Book of Mormon the word of God ask God because you truly want to know. If you ask God one of those questions just one with true desire to know for yourself, you will receive your answer and the rest will be a domino effect of truth, because the Book of Mormon is the word of God and if that is true then Joseph Smith is a prophet and if Joseph Smith is a prophet then the church is true. When you ask God listen with your heart for the sweet feelings of inspiration from the Holy Ghost, who will whisper the truth to your spirit and mind. He said he would ask of God one of those questions. He came to church on Sunday. I taught Sunday school and I could see his eyes and see that he was being touched by the spirit. I knew at the moment the lesson I prepared and taught was meant for him. I honestly didn’t even prepare about what the manual said. I went with the direction from the promptings of the spirit, the direction Christ wanted me to go. I focused on loving Christ with all our heart. I taught if you love Christ with all your heart you will keep all His commandments. I asked the class this question, I ASK ALL OF YOU, WHERE IS YOUR HEART? Is it with Christ or the devil? You cannot serve two masters it is impossible. Before my mission I tried and I stand here to today and testify to you it does work. I then shared Elder Holland words, “You cannot play for the adversary whenever temptation comes along and then expect to suit up for the Savior at temple and mission time as if nothing has happened. You just can’t.” Elder Holland’s word applies to each us; we cannot be true Disciples of Christ if we try to serve two masters. The spirit will not be with us if try to serve two masters. Choose one master and I pray you will choose Christ. I have chosen to serve Christ. Someone truly taught me how to serve Christ, this person taught me the difference between right and wrong, how to love, how to live, how to smile and laugh, the difference between baking powder and baking soda, taught me how to be respectful, how to stand for what is right and left from right, taught me how to be Christ like, taught me to love God and to love myself, and taught me to love the scriptures. That someone is Kristi Janene Cook Mcilmoil, who I call MOM. She taught me all those things. It was and it will be always and forever my Mom teaching me those things daily even when I am 3000 miles away. I learn from her every day. Moms are beyond special, motherhood is the most special and sacred calling in the church and it will always be the most sacred calling. I stand with the 2000 stripling warriors saying: “We do not doubt our mothers knew it.” I say from the depth of my soul I do not doubt my Mom knows that Christ lives, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that the church is true, she knows it and lives it. These things are true because my mom taught me and teaches me that these things are true.  Respect your moms and DON’T EVER LET YOUR MOM BECOME A MOTHER FORGOTEN. Love your moms. I love my Mom with all my heart. Treat your mom’s like queens because they are queens. Take time and give your mom a hug and a kiss and say I love you mom. Mom I Love You and I have chosen simply to say to you Mom at this moment just two words, known as the two most important words in the English language and the most important one word in the Spanish language: THANK YOU and GRACIAS.
Happy Mom's Day-Guatemalan Style
Rain, Rain And More Rain
Chicken Dinner

What I love about Mom is that she loves me and that she is my mom. What I love about Dad is that he chose to marry my Mom, thank you Dad. 

Love,
Elder Mcilmoil (your little boy)
May 12, 2014
Got Your Package-Well Not Everything
New Computers At The Internet Cafe-So Excited!

Scripture of the week: Alma 56: 47-48 


Quotes of the week: “May each of us treasure this truth; one cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one.” President Thomas S. Monson

“We cannot escape the influence our lives have upon the lives of others.” President Thomas S. Monson 

IT WAS MOM-Ducks Forever


No comments:

Post a Comment