Thursday, March 20, 2014

Little Things And Come Unto Christ

A Gift From Silvia
This week was crazy. I don’t even know where to begin. So I now have access to the computer at the church and I have been going through records, wow; I have found a lot of stuff. My plate just got huge but that is fine. I was called labor and bring souls to Christ no matter how difficult the road may be. 
Mango
Mango: Disgusting, Never Again!
This week I had an amazing moment. My comp and I eat lunch and dinner with one of the members in the branch. Sometimes she eats with us and sometimes her kids eat with us. Anyway there is never a prayer given to bless and give thanks for the meal. This has been bugging me since the first time we ate with her. So on Wednesday night she ate with us and I asked if we could say a prayer together to bless the food. She said yes. The next day at lunch everybody was going to eat with us. I begin to say my personal prayer seeing if she would say something about praying together. She then asked my comp to bless the food. My smile was beyond huge. I felt so happy. I looked at her and gave her a thumbs up. It is the little things that bring us to Christ. It is the little things that bring us spiritual strength. We should learn from the words of the prophet Alma to his son Helaman, “But behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.” The little things really do make a difference. 
Just Another Day In San Antonia Huista
Yesterday during church I heard someone say, “Buenos Dias” at the church door. I thought it was the primary kids playing around so I didn’t go check. A few seconds later I hear “Buenos Dias” again. This time I go and look and it was this guy who stunk of alcohol. I was thinking oh great a drunk, what am I going to do. I didn’t really want to talk with him because I knew he was going to ask for money and I was not going give him any money. He started talking and I was like here we go with his story. Instantly this thought pierced my heart: He Is A Lost Son Of God, Help Him. My perspective changed and I looked at him as if he were in a white suit and a white tie inside the temple. My heart was softened and my ears were opened and truly listened and I just kept thinking to myself what Christ would do? After he asked for money I shared with him these words, “Here in this church you won’t find anything of worth that is of the world, you will only find things of value to God. For this is His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, this is where you will find the truth. Christ never turned anyone away, so I will not ask you to leave, the door is open to you. It’s your choice to enter and attend a class right now or leave and go to the next house. The door is open for you to learn of His message. Again it is your choice.” He said, “I go to that class.” So he went to Sunday school. I gave him a Book Of Mormon after class. As he was leaving, he thanked me and I invited him back. I believe so many were shocked at my conversation and invitation to him. The look on their faces was that of bewilderment. I think they were even more shocked he accepted the invitation to come in and go to class. I have learned we should never miss an opportunity to give someone hope and courage and to invite them to come with us to learn of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is through us that others will feel of His love for them. 
I Miss Forks And Spoons
Tortilla Gang For Life
Once again I had the opportunity to speak in church on Sunday. The focus of my talk was reading the scriptures every day. This leads me to my message today. My message is Moroni 10: 32. Come unto Christ. President Henry B. Eyring said, “The words ‘come unto Christ’ are an invitation. It is the most important invitation you could ever offer to another person. It is the most important invitation anyone could accept.” When we come unto Christ we will feel near Him and we will feel His peace and we will feel His love for us. The mutual theme song for 2014 is Come Unto Christ. The song shares this message, “No matter what we are struggling with, there is always hope if we come unto Christ.” The words in this song share a powerful and profound message. I cannot stop listening to it. I invite you to take a few minutes and watch and listen to the message. https://www.lds.org/youth/video/come-unto-christ-2014-theme-song?lang=eng  
Got Bananas?
This week I have realized how much I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love him more than anything. Without Him I would me nothing. As Ammon said, “I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things.” I know through Him I can do all things. He has truly become my best friend. He is always there for me. He is the one that has healed me and will always heal me. He has taught me so much. I wish I could express my love I have for my Savior, for he has changed my life. Oh how I love my Savior, my Redeemer Jesus Christ. I treasure the relationship I have with him. I am truly grateful for the Book Of Mormon, without this book, I wouldn’t have the relationship I have with the Savior. I have learned that He is always calling my name, and his arms are always opened wide for me. I have learned just a little about how much love Ammon had for the Savior. I pray that all of us may and will come unto Christ, for he shows us the better way. I know He lives; I am a living testimony of him. With the love I have for Him I will give Him everything I have to him. I will always be on His errand. I ask the same thing as Moroni asked, “Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny your selves all ungodliness.” I love my Savior!!!! It is through the Atonement that I know He Loves me. President Gordon B. Hinckley said, “The magnitude of that Atonement is beyond our ability to completely understand. I know only that it happened, and that it was for me and for you. The suffering was so great, the agony so intense, that none of us can comprehend it when the Savior offered Himself as a ransom for the sins of all mankind.” It is through His great sacrifice that we receive forgiveness for our transgressions. It is through His atoning blood we can receive eternal life and be families forever. Remember this words from President Monson, “My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.’ 
He is risen! He is risen! 
Tell it out with joyful voice. 
He has burst his three days’ prison; Let the whole wide earth rejoice. 
Death is conquered; man is free. 
Christ has won the victory!” 
I also declare this to be true. 
Nap Time
My New Friend
What I love about Mom is that she makes Dad’s favorite birthday cake every year. What I love about Dad is that he chooses the same cake every year for his birthday. 

Ducks Forever-With Love,
Elder Mcilmoil 
March 17, 2014 

Tortilla count for the week: 50 

Scripture of the week: Moroni 10: 32 

“Faith is for the future.” Elder Jeffrey R Holland 
Guatemala=Bugs





No comments:

Post a Comment