Friday, March 7, 2014

Back To Chichi For Silvia's Baptism

Silvia's Baptism
Chichi Branch
Silvia And Her Twin Sister
I WENT TO CHICHI FOR SILVIA’S BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so happy. The baptism service was amazing. The spirit was just burning in our hearts. I can’t even explain my joy. Bringing one soul unto Christ is the greatest joy in the world. It was worth 8 months without a baptism. The greatest feeling and knowledge is that I was the instrument in the Lord’s hands teaching Silvia. Everything I shared when teaching her was the Savior working through me. My voice was His voice. Her conversion and baptism is not my glory to boast about, the glory be to the Father. I only take credit for being the object in motion in doing his work. She became converted through a change in her heart, through the teachings of the spirit and through the commitment to follow Christ. It truly was tender mercy for me to the instrument in the Lord’s hands to help her feel and recognize the spirit teaching her to come unto Christ. Silvia’s baptism was worth all the countless hours of praying, every tear shed, the countless nights thinking of how I can improve and be more converted to the Lord, every fast, every good work I have done, the exercising of faith every day, the confessing of every sin and the continual repentence in falling short in my responsibilities of being a disciple of Christ. Ammon truly gives us the key for success to becoming an instrument in the Lord’s hands when he is teaching his brethren, Alma 22:26, “Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.” I know those words are so very true through my own experience. The Lord is truly amazing, this gospel is truly amazing. Through this experience I sing the ‘song of redeeming love’ which Alma refers to in Alma 5:26, ‘I say unto you if you have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love….’ I sing it every day. It feels your heart with happiness and joy. When you experience a change in your heart you will also sing the song of redeeming love and you feel the love the Savior has for all of us. 
Chichi
During the baptismal service I gave a talk or a message; as I stood up to speak I was moved to say something I hadn’t planned on saying. The spirit whispered to me to welcome Silvia to the Lord’s church. You are his representative make sure she knows the Lord is welcoming her. So I said, “Silvia, I am a representative of Christ and the spirit has told me to share with you our Lord, our Savior welcomes you into His church.” I truly love missionary work; it is the greatest thing we can do. I love all of you and know with all your soul Heavenly Father and our Savior loves each of you. Pray every single day to be instruments in the Lord’s hands.
Machete, Sugar Cane And Yes A Bathroom
Ducks Forever 
Love,
Elder Mcilmoil
March 6, 2014 

Tortilla count for the week: 102!!! 

Scripture of the week: Alma 5:26 

The fruit of obedience and sacrifice is sweetness and everlasting joy.
Nothing Like A Game Of Soccer
Yep, Still Finding Crazy Stuff To Wear
The Bus Yard, Always On The Lookout For The Fastest Driver


No comments:

Post a Comment