Thursday, January 2, 2014

Nineteen And The Atonement

Christmas Day In Chici
Master Birthday Cake Baker
Let's see what happened this week, I'm now 19.....I miss 18, well I miss saying I'm 18 because the look on peoples faces when I say I'm 18 is priceless! They respond, "No way you look 21 or older." I wasn't able to make my birthday cake you sent on Saturday night so I made it today for the district. It was so good!! I loved the Birthday card, that's a fact jack! The people we live with did some stuff to celebrate my Birthday. So many people here have really made my Birthday a great day. I'm humbled by their kindness. By the way Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!! Christmas is nuts here in Chichi. They light off fireworks at midnight on the 24th which is actually the 25th since it is a midnight. The fireworks go on forever, it is so hard to sleep. We finally fell asleep about 3 am. I have to say Christmas has been the easiest day of the mission. It was nice from not getting any asleep on Christmas Eve. Seriously there was nobody in the street, I mean nobody! The best thing about Christmas: Skype, I love technology! It was so amazing chatting with you guys, so much love, families are forever.
Happy Birthday To Me
"19"
The zone had some emergency changes on the 26th. It was crazy! No changes for me and Elder Navarro, which is good.On Friday we got a call telling us we were going to Huehue with the zone on Saturday and to make sure we didn't have or schedule any appointments. We woke up at 4:30 am Saturday morning and traveled to Huehue. The crazy thing is we were only in Huehue for an hour and a half. It was good since I got to see two elders from my CCM group; Elder Corbett and Elder Dickson. I also got to see my old zl and dl and Elder Perry. In the meeting all the companionship's shared there goals for the next 2 weeks then we left. Now I can say I have been to Huehue.
My CCM Comps, Elder Dickson and Elder Corbett
My Former ZL And DL
This week I had a sweet lesson with a family. Well it was with the son and daughter of the family that we helped build their nativity. To start the lesson we showed the dvd, Special Witnesses Of Christ. It is such a great dvd. We talked for a bit when it was over then we showed a dvd about the Atonement. After it was finished we talked about the Atonement and answered questions. This family is amazing. I love them so much. They remembered my birthday was Sunday. They called us Sunday afternoon asking us to come over. As we walked in the Dad shook my hand and then gave my a big hug and said, "Happy Birthday!!!" The rest of the family wished me a Happy Birthday too. I felt so humbled. I felt tears starting to swell but I held them back. We had pasta for dinner. They told me since your family is very far away for your Birthday we wanted to do this for you and because you are a part of our family we wanted to make your Birthday special. This family is so special and has touched my heart. For me to bring this family to our Father in Heaven I have to serve like Ammon building a foundation of trust, always being prepared to teach with inspiration and to teach through my example of the love I have for our Savior and the gospel. I need to teach everybody like that.
Brother de Leon (The Branch President In Chici) Love This Man
The Flour Game, Yep I Lost
This week I have focused on the atonement. I have learned that there are 3 things missionaries must teach: 1. the Restoration, 2. the Book Of Mormon, 3. the Atonement. Those 3 things build a strong foundation for a testimony. We have to understand without the Atonement we cannot return to God. We know "no unclean thing can dwell with God." (1 Nephi 10:21) Without the Atonement none of us would be able to dwell in the kingdom of God. It is through the
Atonement of Jesus Christ that the mistakes and sins we commit will be washed away but we have to be willing to have a repentant heart. President Packer said, "If you have made no mistakes, then you do not need the Atonement. If you have made mistakes, and all of us have, whether minor or serious, then you have an enormous need to find out how they can be erased so that you are no longer in darkness." He also taught, "There is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the Atonement of Christ." We can be clean! The Book Of Mormon has the strongest discourses on the Atonement. Words cannot explain my thankfulness and gratitude for the Atonement. I am beyond grateful for the Savior, my Redeemer and my Brother Jesus Christ. He drank the bitter cup so I wouldn't have to. The atonement is the love of God and Christ. The atonement is the greatest gift in this life.
A Silas Duck D B-Day: Si Duck Call, Si Duck Cup And Si Duck Shirt
What I love about Mom and Dad is that I got to Skype with them, we were able to see each other! Yep Ducks Forever!

Love,
Elder Mcilmoil
December 30, 2013

Tortilla count for the week: 40

Scripture of the week: Moroni 7:41  
P-Day Love!!!
Random Pic In Quiche: Man On A Horse
Sweet Paint Job On The Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment